Friday, December 16, 2005

O' Christmas Tree.....

Well kids...I finally got my tree up last night - what a sense of accomplishment! Whoo Hoo!
In the past, I always put two trees up, but this year I just wasn't into it - for obvious reasons.
There is a long-standing tradition in my family - St. Nick's Night. Each year, on this night, we each give one another a new ornament for our tree. It's something we have done for as long as I can remember.
Now, this can make for a lot of ornaments amassed over the years, in addition to the ones we each already have, but it's fun to hang the old ones and think of Christmas' past. Back in 2001, I also started putting a small American Flag in the top of my tree to honor those lost on 9/11.
Like I said above, I always have two trees. One is "Elegant" - white lights and matching ornaments; and the other is my "Fun" tree - multi-colored lights with all of my hand-made, funky, and sentimental ornaments. This tree always makes my living room feel more "homey" to me. I don't know if that makes any sense, but I hope you get it.
Since I'm having the blues this year, I decided to just go with my FUN tree. I was loopy by the time I got done and decided to take some pictures last night at roughly 1:30 a.m. I started acting stupid with my camera and these are what came out...Yes - I really know how to amuse myself. Anyway, here's what I came up with.
Awww....ain't she purty???
Decided to get wild with the black/white. I started to crop this one, when I noticed Kloie (my pup) in the bottom right of the picture. She's hard to see, but regardless, I couldn't cut her out! LOL
Wanted one with my flag showing.
From the Porch.
Weird lighting...
The dog jumped on me when I snapped this. Even though it's blurry - I dug it!
Anyhoo - happy Friday everybody!

11 Comments:

Blogger Harlyn Opined...

very purdy JJ

December 16, 2005 10:48 AM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

Thanks City....but not as purdy as you! ;o)

December 16, 2005 10:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous Opined...

Hey, nice tree! I like it!

We also have the "two tree" thing going. My wife's tree (the nice one with clear lights and old-fashioned bronze-like ornaments, and the main tree, which we let the kids decorate entirely on their own this year. Sure, their tree is a bit lopsided when it comes to ornament distribution, but it is also fun, and brings happy feelings into our home.

I liked the blurry shot of your tree... way cool ;)

December 16, 2005 12:48 PM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

Nilo: That's why I like my tree so much, it's fun and brings happy feelings to my home, as well.

December 16, 2005 1:11 PM  
Blogger Neo Opined...

Jen -So you got your tree up huh? LOL

Seriously, now I'll have to dig mine out and do it! It's only what 9 days before xmas. UGH!

Good job!

December 16, 2005 1:16 PM  
Blogger Skye Opined...

Blurry yes, it's like the tree is alive and Rockin' around the Clock. xoxo's

December 16, 2005 1:35 PM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

Neo: Thanks for the props!

Ellen: Me too - I think it might be my fave!! LOL

Sag Sis: Yep! If it's my house, it's a-rockin'! ;o)

December 16, 2005 1:41 PM  
Blogger cityman05 Opined...

You are very artistic and so is you dog. I like the shot where he jumped on you, too. I thought it looked cool.

Kippy

December 16, 2005 2:47 PM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

Kippy: Yeah - I really dug that picture. I'm not sure why - it just struck me! XO

December 16, 2005 4:29 PM  
Blogger Snaggle Tooth Opined...

Nice tree! Fun pix. Good for ya to have the ambition after puttin in so many hours lately. I always seem to start gearin up on projects after 1a too...

December 16, 2005 9:52 PM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

Snags: Yeah - I'm a total night owl. If only I could find a law firm that would let me work 3rd shift. LOL

December 17, 2005 10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home