Saturday, December 10, 2005

Rat-A-Tat Tat....

Well, I'm sitting here at work and, of course, I couldn't resist the urge to post. Unfortunately, I don't have time to sit and read everyone's blogs today, because I would never get any work done. And, let's face it, I don't want to be here any longer than I have to.
Whenever I'm going through a HUGE life change, I have a bad habit of getting a tattoo. I am up to five and getting ready to go for my sixth. I have my own personal reasons for each one, and I always put them in places where I can show them if I choose to, or keep them hidden. My tattoos are really important to me, and each one tells a story of my biggest heartbreaks.
So, just for the sake of posting something today, I thought I would share some pics of my newest tattoos.
This is of "My Baby". (See Side-Bar). Some people may think It's ridiculous to get a tattoo of your dog. But, you know, what? She meant more to me than I can ever explain. Putting her to sleep was harder on me than what I'm going through right now. Her unconditional love got me through the hard times. The artist free-handed this off of a picture I brought him. It was my special touch to have a halo hanging off the "Z" in her name. I think he did an amazing job.


I just got these. They are the symbols for Faith and Hope and they go straight down the middle of my back. (OUCH!!). I just woke up one day and thought to myself, "The only way I'm going to get through this next phase of my life is to have Faith & Hope". No further explanation needed. ;o)

9 Comments:

Blogger Skye Opined...

Those are awesome, I like the one of your dog.)

December 10, 2005 2:54 PM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

Skye: Yeah, that's my favorite one. It means the world to me! ;o)

December 10, 2005 2:56 PM  
Blogger Snaggle Tooth Opined...

Not bad. Nice graphic quality to Zoe pic. Like the Chinese too, I've learned some symbols myself for feng shui.

Seems to be a very slow comment week-end, guess everyone but us is out shopping!

December 10, 2005 5:27 PM  
Blogger TwistedPain Opined...

I'd have to agree on the tattoo things. My most recent one (a little over a month old) has a lot to do with what I've been going through lately. (Kanji of "Broken hearted". I want another one now for other shit I am dealing with but I've still got to get the one for my boy that was KIA in Afghanistan in October. See ya around girly.

December 10, 2005 7:28 PM  
Blogger cityman05 Opined...

I like those.

I'm thinking of getting another one. I have one going down my right thigh. I got it when I was 18. It's a winged tiger. It symbolizes the year I was born and my love for God.

I want to get a yin yang symbol with a tiger and dragon fighting on my arm.

December 10, 2005 9:27 PM  
Blogger Harlyn Opined...

You and I have even more in common. I have three tattoos. I used to get piercings when I was going through bad times...and tattoos when I was going through a life change...I have since taken out most of my piercings...but I still have my 3 tattoos. ;)

December 11, 2005 10:31 AM  
Blogger Neo Opined...

Jen -Wanna see my tat? (giggle)

December 11, 2005 10:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous Opined...

Gorgeous tats hon! What are the other ones you have?

December 13, 2005 1:46 PM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

I have my nickname "Jen" on my left shoulder. JEN is also my late grandmother's initials.

And I am working on a semi "sleeve" on my right calf. It's a work in progress.

December 13, 2005 2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home