Thursday, December 15, 2005

To Re-Fi or Not to Re-Fi

That is the question! Through my divorce, I am entitled to all of the equity built up in my house. I have decided to try and refinance it myself, instead of selling it outright. Now, here is where my dilemma lies. It will probably just about break me to keep it.
I know it would be an easy decision for alot of people - just sell it - keep the equity in savings - and buy another house at some later date. But, I don't want to start all over again. I'm 33 years old, I've lost my marriage, and I just want something to hang on to. Is that so bad?
Of course, I am in love with my house. I looked at about 25 before I found it, and I wanted it before I even went inside. That's how much it means to me. It needs a little work here and there, but nothing major. All the windows are new, the roof isn't that old, the yard is perfect and I have a HUGE screened in front porch, which I absolultely adore. I just don't want to let it go.
In making decisions like these, it is always wise to use your head and not your heart. But, as you all know, that is pretty much the exact opposite of how I handle things.
Any wise suggestions from the peanut gallery?

10 Comments:

Blogger Cowboy Opined...

If that is what your heart and soul are telling you what to do, then re-fi! Let the heart make the choice, then let the brain fill in all the details.

So do you have pics to share of your humble abode?

December 15, 2005 10:44 AM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

Nilo: Ah...a man after my own heart! LOL

I do have some pics, but they are on my computer at home. I'll post either later tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks for the interest! ;o)

December 15, 2005 10:47 AM  
Blogger TwistedPain Opined...

Well you're not THAT old so starting over wouldnt be the end of the world but I understand where you're coming from. I'd have to make the same decision and keeping it on my own would break me. Something about that damned 1150$ mortgage that brings blood to my ears. Good luck on your decision.

December 15, 2005 11:37 AM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

Twisty: Thanks! I know you and I have already had this conversation...LOL

December 15, 2005 11:45 AM  
Blogger TwistedPain Opined...

sorry my half-zeimers kickin' in i guess..... move in with me?

December 15, 2005 11:59 AM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

You, the wife, the roomie and both of our dogs? Sounds lovely!!! LOL

December 15, 2005 12:06 PM  
Blogger Neo Opined...

Jen - I think you already made the decision. :)

Stick with it. Then, if you change your mind, you can always sell later.

You need something stable right now.

*hugs*

December 15, 2005 12:48 PM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

Neo: Thanks! I guess you're right. I think my mind was made up a while back...but it's always nice to get some feedback. ;o)

December 15, 2005 1:04 PM  
Blogger SkyeBlue2U Opined...

Stay with it, and look around for really good re-fi deals. Proably in the long run it'd cost more to relocate. Check out all kinds of sources, S&loans, banks,etc. Best of Luck!

December 15, 2005 2:04 PM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

Sag Sis: Thanks for the info - I will do that!

December 15, 2005 2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home