Friday, November 04, 2005

"God? It's Me...Jen."


As I mentioned in my list of 100 things, I'm not a church going person, but I am a spiritual person. I have my own special relationship with God and I feel comfortable with that. I always pray before I go to bed. It's my special time. I actually can't believe I'm even writing about this. Not because I'm embarassed, but because this is something I've never shared with anyone. My prayers are my special words. But, as I lay in bed last night, talking to God, this post just jumped into my head. Talk about having your head in the clouds. LOL.

Anyway, a while back I used to pray for everything and everyone I could possibly imagine. I would pray for people by their names, and for their specific problems. It would take me forever.

I remember, it was right after Hubby and I moved into our new house, we had been there about two weeks when "My Baby" (see link on side-bar) got really sick - out of the blue. She was only four and a half years old. She couldn't walk or stand up. It was awful. I prayed so hard every night that God would make her well. She had been through so much and was such a good dog. When I got her she had been abused and terrorized. She had such spirit. I never did find out what was wrong with her, but we eventually had to put her down, due to renal failure. I know it wasn't God's fault, but I was so mad at him....and I stopped praying. I didn't pray for almost seven months.

Then, when my life started falling apart, I decided to give it another try. For some reason, I just wanted to share with you guys the things that I pray for.

Dear Lord:

I want to thank you for watching over me, my family and friends, and for all of your blessings.

I would ask that you please continue to watch over us, and bless us, as you have always done in the past.

I would ask that you please forgive me of my sins and help me to be a better person.

I would ask that you also watch over all of those in the world who need your love, guidance and support, whether they seek it or not.

I would ask that you especially watch over our troops and their families, as well as the hurricane victims; and all victims of war, violence, or abuse: human or animal.

I would ask that you guide our world leaders in their decision making and help them to strive for peace.

I ask for your guidance with my current dilemma. Please help me find the right path to take.

Thank you for showing me your love. I know that I am your child, because I can feel your presence all around me.

Please give Zoey (that's my dearly departed puppy) a kiss for me. Rub her nose and tell her momma loves her.

Anyway, I know that probably sounds dumb to you guys. But that's me and those are my hopes.

PEACE!

9 Comments:

Blogger cityman05 Opined...

I think that is truely wonderful.
There is no shame in having a relationship with God. In fact, it would be a shame not to have one.
I think we were created to be be spiritual beings. We have that longing and desire to know God. It is something that runs a lot deeper than anything else.

When you pray, pray for me, too, and I'll keep you in my prayers as well, buddy.

A wonderful post!

November 04, 2005 12:29 PM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

Kip & Ellen:

Thanks guys! I don't know what made me post about that...it was just something I thought of as I was laying in bed last night.

Thanks for reading!

November 04, 2005 2:13 PM  
Blogger Using up the words.... Opined...

Thanks so much for sharing....

It's always cool to hear people's true hearts and read what's really been going on for them!

God bless your sox off!!

November 04, 2005 8:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous Opined...

I think it is a wonderful thing that you made this post...maybe it reached their is someone in particular that needed to read it and that is why you felt the need to just post it. They say that God works in mysterious ways...maybe he has resorted to blogs as well (lol). I am a religious person, and it made me think about some things that are going on in my life and around me as well, so thank you. I have enjoyed reading your posts, and look forward to future posts from you JJ.

November 05, 2005 12:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous Opined...

oops........I mean:

.......Maybe it reached someone out there in particular that needed to read it.......

ADD kicked in, got ahead of myself (lol)

~Squirm

November 05, 2005 12:54 AM  
Blogger Harlyn Opined...

Not dumb in the slightest. I think having those moments are beautiful. I'm not religious either...but spiritual as you have said...thanks for posting.
xoxo

November 05, 2005 8:48 AM  
Blogger alannajoy Opined...

No way is that dumb. Beautiful and touching is more like it... Have a nice weekend JJ!
alannajoy

November 05, 2005 9:02 AM  
Blogger Neo Opined...

Jen - I get pegged for not mentioning God more in my posts from my real life friends that read my blog. I'm the same way, I talk to God pretty often too. You have to in the world we're in these days.

November 05, 2005 9:17 AM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

Thanks guys! I really appreciate your support. It means more to me than you can possibly imagine. ;o)

November 05, 2005 7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home