Monday, October 31, 2005

Even Sadder....

As I said in my post last week, I am just floored by some of the articles I read in the paper. Here's one I read today:

Waco, Texas

A pastor performing a baptism was electrocuted yesterday morning after grabbing a microphone, a church employee said.

The Rev. Kyle Lake, 33, was standing in water up to his shoulder in a baptismal at University Baptist Church when he was electrocuted, said Jamie Dudley, a church business administrator.
Doctors in the congregation performed chest compressions for 40 minutes before Lake was taken to Hillcrest Baptist Medical Center, but he died. Police said they weren't called. The hospital referred calls to the church.
The woman being baptized was not injured.
Can you imagine this happening to you while you're being baptized? I would be absolutely traumatized. Talk about having faith...Geez.

4 Comments:

Blogger cityman05 Opined...

That is one thing I will absoutly not mess with- electricity. My cousin and I were walking by an electric fence one day and he accidentally grabbed it and went "AAAAAAAAAHHHH!" The he was like, "Man, touch that!"
"Yeah, right!"
Electricity is scary.

October 31, 2005 3:45 PM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

No joke. I saw my dad get electrocuted once and it haunts me to this day.

October 31, 2005 4:09 PM  
Blogger Neo Opined...

Jen - I saw this article earlier. Just sad. Guess it was his time. Talk about giving your life to Christ. Geez...

Electricity is one bad mofo.

I speak from first hand experience. I've been shocked many time by microphone over the years. Not fun!

October 31, 2005 6:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous Opined...

I got hit with some volts while jury-rigging an old-school donkey-kong game back in the day.

After I woke up 3 minutes later, I swore never to do that again :)

November 01, 2005 3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home