Friday, October 28, 2005

So Sad.....

As I sat reading the paper last night, I came across a small blurb that I just had to share. I don't know why it struck me the way it did, but anyway...here goes:

Park Ridge, N.J.

A crossing guard was struck and killed in front of a high school by another crossing guard on his way to work, police said.

Estelle Reynolds, 81, was killed Tuesday morning after being struck in a crosswalk by a vehicle driven by Marvin Hodgodon, 70. He was on his way to his crossing guard job in nearby Hillsdale.

No criminal charges were filed in the accident.

OK. First of all, why do high school students need crossing guards? And, no offense to the eldery, but 81 and 70 year old people as crossing guards??? That just rubbed me wrong for some reason.
It sure would suck to live to be that age and die in such a senseless accident.

1 Comments:

Blogger Harlyn Opined...

that is sad

October 29, 2005 8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home