Thursday, October 20, 2005

All About Jen



I really liked my girl, City’s, idea (even though she stole it from someone else - heh) so, here goes!

100 Things About Me...

1. My parents got pregnant with me their senior year of high school and they are still together.

2. Dad went on to become a mechanical engineer. Mom is an office manager for an OB/GYN.

3. I only have one sister and she’s 13 years younger than I am.

4. I went to Catholic School all 12 years.

5. I tested early into school and was a high school senior at 16 years old.

6. I only have one grandparent that is still alive - my Gramps.

7. Mom's mother, my Gran, was the family matriarch. She died in 2000 & my family fell apart.

8. My mom was in a deep depression after Gran's death, until my niece was born.

9. My Dad's mom, my Grams, died three weeks before my wedding.

10. I am a total Daddy's Girl.

11. I could eat spaghetti and garlic bread every day of the week.

12. I've always felt (since I was a child) that I would die at an early age. Morbid...I know.

13. I feel like a failure because I haven't given my parents grandchildren.

14. I am happy with my middle class status, not because I'm lazy or unmotivated, but because I truly believe my mission in life is to make other people's lives a little better, even in the smallest of ways.

15. I am addicted to tattoos - I have five - and would love a few more.

16. I can get through anything, as long as I have music.

17. I got a scholarship to college, and threw it away over a man. DUMB ASS!!

18. I have been on my own since I was 17 years old.

19. I'm not a Church-going person, but I do believe in God. I talk to Him everyday and feel as if I have a real relationship with him....and that's good enough for me.

20. I feel like an outsider in my family. Maybe because I left home so young.

21. Fall and Spring are my favorite times of year.

22. I love the wind in my face.

23. I was car #6 in a 26-car pile-up on the expressway on July 7, 1995.

24. I love "alone time".

25. I have always been able to entertain myself...I guess that's from being an only child for so much of my childhood.

26. I have a VERY soft spot for ALL animals.

27. I have never had any interest in visiting places overseas. There is so much of my own country that I have never seen.

28. I have self-esteem issues. (Is it that obvious???) ;o)

29. I feel guilty about everything....even things that aren't even remotely my fault.

30. I love silver jewelry...never been much of a gold fan.

31. I never smoke in front of my mother.

31. I still worry about letting my parents down.

32. I love my niece so much, it hurts.

33. I worry about everything...even when there's nothing to worry about. (Thanks..Mom!)

34. I don't want to come across like a nervous, worried freak. Most of the time, when I worry or stress about something, I always keep it to myself.

35. I won the part of Ebenezer Scrooge in my school play and had 11 solos to sing.

36. I was on my school's National Championship Volleyball and Softball teams.

37. My first car was a 1972 banana yellow Nova that I bought from my Grams for $100.

38. My Dad has played in a band since before I was born. He's a guitarist.

39. I am the band's biggest fan.

40. His band consists of him, one of his co-workers, and three brothers that he went to grade school with.

41. The three brothers used to tour with the Bee Gees. Too Cool!

42. I would much rather hear an old album than a CD. I love being able to hear all of the irregularities that actually exist in a song, not a glossed-over version.

43. If I ever won the lottery, I would, among other things, open a shelter for animals.

44. I love to cook.

45. I look forward to the Sunday Crossword Puzzle.

46. I love to gamble.

47. I'm equal parts brainy-girl and party-girl.

48. I felt for a long time that my mom resented me because I took her childhood away.

49. I'm a lot closer to my mom since my sister and niece moved away...I just wish it hadn't taken them leaving to make it happen.

50. I will never forgive myself for failing in my marriage.

51. I'm not at all happy with where I am right now, as far as my life goes. Sometimes, the whole situation just overwhelms me to the point where I'm sick of it.

52. I never believe gossip or judgments about a person. I ALWAYS form my own opinions based on my experiences with that person.

53. I always speak what's on my mind.

54. I am EXTREMELY soft-hearted.

55. I would do anything for someone I love.

56. I love to sing.

57. I am an avid Bass fisherman.

58. I planned my wedding in three months (due to calendar conflicts) and my Dad's band played my reception.

59. I am a "guys" girl. Almost all of my friends are guys.

60. I think one of my best qualities is making whomever I'm with feel special.

61. I really enjoy talking with elderly people. They have alot of amazing things to say.

62. I have never tried to quit smoking, because I'm just not ready to yet. I don't want to try to quit until I'm ready to.

63. I'm a Bud-Light drinker, Marlboro Light smoker, and I will accept nothing less/nothing more.

64. I truly believe that laughter is the best medicine...and I do it often.

65. I was always raised to appreciate the little things in life...and I'm thankful for that.

66. I was born on Thanksgiving Day.

67. I love giving gifts WAY MORE than receiving them.

68. My brain never stops working...and that can be very tiring.

69. I have worked since I was 15 years old...sometimes working three jobs at once.

70. I don't like asking for help.

71. I'm really proud of my hometown - Louisville, Kentucky - and it's growth over the years.

72. My family is extremely small. One grandparent left, 3 aunts, 3 uncles, 5 cousins.

73. I used to suffer from extremely bad migraines. I was hospitalized three times in a month because of them...but then they miraculously quit coming.

74. One of the happiest days of my life was when my sister was born. Quick Memory: I was on a school field trip the day my parents brought her home from the hospital, and my school bus pulled up right beside them at a stop light and my mom held her up for my class to see. Talk about timing....It still gives me chills.

75. I do believe in miracles.

76. I used to be blonde and recently dyed my hair red. I love it!

77. I went to the Mayan Riveria in June and saw some of the most beautiful waters I've ever seen.

78. I was almost abducted when I was 11 years old, but I got away.

79. I am a paralegal...and have worked in law firms since I was 17 years old.

80. I would rather drink Coke than Pepsi.

81. I am a Beatles fanatic.

82. I can type 137 words per minute (last tested in April of this year).

83. I think I will be an awesome mother some day.

84. My great-grandfather watched me after school when I was little and he was my best friend.

85. I always believe the best in people....even when they disappoint me.

86. I take two showers a day.... without fail.

87. Sometimes I feel like a loner. I would much rather eat lunch by myself reading a magazine, then going out with co-workers.

88. If I am upset or angry....doing dishes always seems to calm me down.

89. The best part of my day is getting home from work and my dog waiting for me at the door.

90. I am very easy to please.

91. My two favorite vacations are: (1) Somewhere on the Beach; (2) Somewhere in the Mountains/Woods.

92. I hate talking on the phone.

93. I really believe in Karma. I used to have good Karma, but after everything that happened with my husband, I feel that I have ruined mine (at least for now). I have faith.

94. I am an organizational freak.

95. I have been in six car accidents (none were my fault) and had my purse stolen three times.

96. There are a few smells that I absolutely love: (1) Gasoline; (2) Freshly Cut Grass; (3) Puppy Breath; (4) A Baby's Head. Look....I never said I wasn't strange.

97. There are a few things that I cannot stand: (1) Racism; (2) Ignorance; (3) Vanity; (4) Selfishness; (5) Cruelty; (6) Hatred.

98. My favorite Holidays are Thanksgiving and Christmas.

99. I can put both of my legs behind my head.

100. My biggest fear is regret.

Sorry these are in such sporadic order. I just had to put them down as I thought of them. It was actually very therapeutic.


Jen-Jen Out!

17 Comments:

Blogger cityman05 Opined...

Jen-jen, you are soooo coooool. I loved your post. That is a nice bass,too.
I just have one question for you. On your birthday, do they put candles on the turkey?

I thought this was your best post yet. I may steal the idea for myself.

Excellent Job!

October 20, 2005 1:09 PM  
Blogger Harlyn Opined...

I found it theraputic also. I think you and I would be great friends...we have so much in common...too many to name...here are a few I wrote down:
11. spahgetti for me too please!
12. me too...odd isn't it?
14. very inspiring
15. me too
21. they're the best
26. how can anyone not?
31, 33,34,43,52 me too....ok too many more
96. I was walking outside today and was stopped by the smell...they were cutting the grass at my apt. complex...it's been so long since I've smelled that..(living in NYC)... it was lovely.
Great getting to know more about you.

October 20, 2005 1:32 PM  
Blogger Aymster Opined...

Great list Jen-Jen. I'm working on mine too!


11) I love garlic bread
26) I am a softie for animals too
30) I NEVER wear gold
52) love it
61) So much wisdom and history
66) I'm a Turkey girl too! My B-Day fall on Thanksgiving every 6 or so years. (on the list)
81) Beatles! "While my guitar gently weeps" is my fav
92) I HATE talking on the phone (this is on my list too!)

October 20, 2005 1:53 PM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

It's amazing how much you can learn about someone in just 100 sentences...huh? Thanks for reading guys!

October 20, 2005 2:46 PM  
Blogger TwistedPain Opined...

Maybe I should try this at some point. Maybe if I can relieve myself of other stress I can focus on the therapy things like this.... Good going doll!

October 20, 2005 4:29 PM  
Blogger highcontrast Opined...

i LOVED 74. i can just picture it.
thanks for the list. takes courage!

October 20, 2005 9:18 PM  
Blogger Neo Opined...

Jen - GOOD GOD!

Do your fingers hurt?

October 21, 2005 12:59 AM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

High - Yeah...it takes a lot of courage to examine yourself so closely, but I feel good about it. That might be the most honest I've ever been with myself.

Neo - Nah...my fingers don't hurt. Their limber baby!

October 21, 2005 10:06 AM  
Blogger Ambrrrr Opined...

Great list :)

October 21, 2005 6:24 PM  
Blogger alannajoy Opined...

I love your honesty here...You sound really fun! Here are my comments for ya:
5. AMAZING!
10. You know it!
12. Funny u say this, my friend was asking me q's for my 100 and asked me about this topic-CREEPY!
14. We are a lot alike here.
16. Totally agree.
21. me too
24. ditto
47. Nice balance- I consider myself that way too
60. I got ya girl
61. I find the same to be true.
75. Not many of us left.
76. WISH i had ur courage!
78. What happened?
81. I share ur obsession
85. Me 2...is this good or bad?
96. Im with ya on #1 &2 at least..

Nice list..glad you did it. Making my lunch hour go by pleasantly!
alannajoy

October 24, 2005 1:36 PM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

Thanks Lan! I really enjoyed reading yours too. My abduction story is pretty short and sweet. I was riding my bike with a friend through a grocery store parking lot, and a man came up and grabbed me off my bike. I started screaming and kicking and bit the shit of him and he dropped me and ran off. Guess my parents taught me well! They never did find him though. I still think about that.

October 24, 2005 2:26 PM  
Blogger alannajoy Opined...

Yikes that is crazy JJ...I can't believe how smart and brave you were! I totally woulda been balling and scared shitless if something like that happened 2 me. What a freaky sitch...
alannajoy

October 24, 2005 9:28 PM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

Yeah - it's been almost 20 years ago and I still think about it to this day. Especially when I hear stories about kids getting abducted...it freaks me out a little bit.

October 25, 2005 12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous Opined...

Your site Jenius, I found to be very interesting. When I was searching for Marlboro Catalog yours was the most eyecatching. While working on my site Marlboro Catalog I have been seeking ways to make it better and found yours to be helpful. Thanks!

November 16, 2005 10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous Opined...

Hello, just trying to get in touch with you, and didn't find your mail. Please drop us a note at linkexchange@edenfantasys.com to discuss possible partnership with your blog.
Regards, Chris

November 17, 2006 7:19 AM  
Blogger ~art Opined...

very nice list. i'm new poking around your blog,(very nice). peace~art

November 30, 2006 1:24 PM  
Blogger Terry Opined...

Hah! I thought I was the only one who loved the smell of gasoline. Nice to know I'm not a complete freak. :)

March 15, 2007 11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home