Thursday, October 13, 2005

I'm An Idiot

So, I finally figured out how to change my "links" section. I'm so excited. The first one that I have posted on there is for my sweet puppy. I had to put her to sleep about a year ago, and it was the worst day of my life. She got sick out of the blue and went down fast. She was only four years old. For the hard-asses out there who don't really have a bond with their pets, they won't understand it, but The Rainbow Bridge really helped me get through it, and it is a very calming place to go and think about my angel. If you know anyone who lost a pet, or if you have, it's worth a try. It's sorta like a blog for your pet. It costs $25.00 a year to keep the site going, and it's worth every penny. I sure do miss my girl.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jinsane Opined...

Yeah...it took me about three months to get over it. I don't have any kids of my own and my hubby and I worked different shifts, so Zoey was my best buddy. The people at Rainbow Bridge are awesome and I met alot of really cool people that knew exactly what I was going through. They have even added a new site for people grieving for family members, it's pretty cool too.

October 13, 2005 4:03 PM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

The same day I put my baby to sleep, my aunt shows up with a puppy. People say that is the best way to get over the loss of a pet (which I didn't believe at the time). But I slowly came around, and now I love her just the same. I have pictures of both of them in my first few posts back in March.

October 13, 2005 4:22 PM  
Blogger Aymster Opined...

It's never easy loosing a pet. WMe dog got really sick and we had to put him down. A very sad day for my family. He is still missed.

Thanks for linking me!

October 14, 2005 1:14 AM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

Yeah - I still miss her everyday. There's no love like the unconditional love of an animal.

October 14, 2005 9:15 AM  
Blogger Harlyn Opined...

I have 3 dogs...and they are my babies! I have a little chihuahua with epilepsy...it's hard, but something we deal with. I understand, and am sorry you had to go through that...dealing with the loss of a pet is like losing family, thats what they are to me.

October 14, 2005 9:33 AM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

City - I know exactly what you mean. When it first happened, I didn't think I would ever get over it, and people thought I was nuts. Some people just don't understand the bond you can have with your animals. I guess it just takes special people! ;o)

October 14, 2005 9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home