Monday, October 10, 2005

Man...I Am So Mean.....

I'm sure that in every office there is this one person who just rubs you the wrong way... drives you nuts... annoys you to no end...and makes you want to scream. I'll call mine "Martha". I go on my break, decked out with my two smokes and my crossword puzzle and sit outside in the courtyard for some alone time. And, low and behold, here she comes. I think she waits until I leave for my break and then follows me outside. (I shit you not, she has come by my desk three times since I started this post...) She sits down at my table and proceeds to blab her head off, like it's not obvious that I am into my puzzle, or my magazine or whatever I am doing. It has gotten so bad that now I take my cell phone with me and pretend that I'm in a conversation, just so she will go somewhere else. Isn't that mean? It's the only "polite" thing I know to do, besides hurting her feelings, but Geez....give me a break. I'm just waiting for my phone to start ringing one time.....maybe I should remember to put it on silent mode. LMAO.

3 Comments:

Blogger Harlyn Opined...

maybe she's lonely...;) yes, I've met a few of those...the cell phone trick usually works well

October 10, 2005 12:54 PM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

I know she probably is...and usually I will talk to anyone. She's just one of those people that bugs the hell out of ya. ;o)

October 10, 2005 1:46 PM  
Blogger cityman05 Opined...

Everyone in my office is pretty cool and keeps to themselves, but there is this one person that comes in all the time looking for me. He always needs something, too.

The other day I heard him come in and ask our secretary if I was in. She called out for me and I didn't answer, so she called my name again.

"Not here," she said. "Try back later."

As soon as I heard him leave out the door, I said, "Are you calling for me?"

Everybody started cracking up and said, "we thought you were back there. You just didn't want to talk to him did you?"

"Why, I don't know what you people are taking about," I said.

some people are just nerve racking.

October 10, 2005 1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home