Wednesday, October 05, 2005

What.....Do I Amuse You......??

You know...it's funny. No matter how old I get or how many movies I see, there are always those few that I watch every time they are on. No matter how many times I've seen them, and even if they are interrupted by commercials (which means that all the good parts are taken out). It just cracks me up, when I'm sitting watching TV at 1:00 a.m. and I'm watching the never-ending scroll of the Preview Channel and then...BAM....I see an old movie that I just can't pass up.....or when nothing else is on and you're bored, so you just stick a DVD in, or God Forbid, a VHS tape....Here is a list of some of my all-time faves. Don't laugh at some of them...I was an impressionable youth, who still likes to relive my younger days by watching a movie that reminds me of those times and what I was doing when I watched them. Look...I never said I wasn't weird.
BTW: These are in NO particular order....just the order that they came to mind.
1. Good Fellas
2. Adventures in Babysitting
3. Boondock Saints
4. Fight Club
5. Dazed and Confused
6. Indiana Jones (any and all)
7. Babe (see my previous list of 20 random things to figure this one out)
8. Romy & Michelle's High School Reunion
9. Thelma & Louise
10. On Golden Pond (which is the movie that brought this list to mind)
11. Days of Thunder
12. Blues Brothers
13. King Pin
14. Nightmare Before Christmas
15. Napoleon Dynamite
16. Dante's Peak
17. Legends of the Fall
18. WaterBoy
19. The Big Chill
20. Pretty Woman
21. Natural Born Killers
22. Animal House
23. Can't Buy Me Love
24. Sleepless in Seattle
25. Top Gun
26. Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead
27. Ferris Buehler's Day Off
28. My Cousin Vinny
29. Liar Liar
30. True Romance
31. Breakfast Club
32. Sling Blade
33. St. Elmo's Fire
34. Weird Science
35. The Firm
Wow...it's funny to read this list considering how much my tastes have changed. I love independent movies and movies that are way "out there", but you can't help but love the oldies.
Jen-Jen Out!

2 Comments:

Blogger cityman05 Opined...

Hey, you have awsome taste in movies. I would definatly let you sit at my lunch table.

You should check out my blog. I have a post on Napoleon Dynamite. On the 19th, I'll be going to meet the actor that played Kip.

can't wait.

anyways, you are very cool.

October 06, 2005 1:22 PM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

Shawshank is one of my favorites. I remembered a billion movies that I love after I made the list. But, I could have gone on for hours.

October 13, 2005 9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home