Monday, August 28, 2006

It's Monday Already?

Well, the papers are signed!! I'm the proud single "owner" of my house!! I'm just glad that agonizing over the decision is a done deal. I don't need the extra stress.

I had a jam-packed weekend. Sorry about not posting on Friday, I was so busy at work.

Our State Fair has been going on for the last two weeks and this was the final weekend.....which is always the best. Puddle of Mudd was one of the free shows, so I went and saw them on Friday night - then, of course, hung out at the "Bud" tent. I was having a great time....until I walked around the corner of the tent and ran RIGHT INTO my ex. Talk about ruining my night! I immediatley decided to walk down to the next beer tent I could find, just so there wasn't any drama and I'll be damned if he didn't do the same thing. I just decided to leave. It wasn't worth it.
I just had to post this picture - if this isn't a typical "Fair" booth, I don't know what is!
The gig on Saturday night went really well. It only took me a few seconds to get over my nerves. Everyone seemed like they were having a good time. After my first song, the crowd yelled for an encore - I guess that's a good sign. LOL
I spent Sunday by the pool and then hit the Fair again. Rascal Flatts was in concert and I was hoping to score some tickets. It didn't happen. I did, however, run into an old friend that I hadn't seen in awhile and it was really good to see her again. I invited her to the big Labor Day Blowout next weekend and she said she'd come. I guess things are starting to turn around....at least it seems like they are. It's just nice to smile again!
Me and my drinkin' buddies outside the "Bud" tent.
I hope you all have a great Monday! At least, as great as Monday's can be! ;o)
XO - Jenhopeful

8 Comments:

Blogger Eddie Opined...

glad you had a good time, next time tell the ex to leave.

August 28, 2006 10:53 AM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

Eddie: I guess you have a point! ;o)

August 28, 2006 11:32 AM  
Blogger Eddie Opined...

how's the new room mate doing.

August 28, 2006 2:00 PM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

Well, we aren't moving the rest of the stuff in until Wednesday, so the new "living arrangements" haven't started yet!

Keep your fingers crossed for me.

August 28, 2006 2:04 PM  
Blogger Sir Dirty Joke Opined...

Congrats on the new place!

August 28, 2006 5:28 PM  
Blogger Ellen Opined...

So glad to hear that things are turning around for you. You deserve a lot less drama, and more great times.

Heres to a future filled with smiles!

August 28, 2006 6:50 PM  
Blogger Osbasso Opined...

Glad to hear the gig went well. Any more coming up in the near future?

I agree with Eddie--don't let the ex dictate where you're going to be. As long as you don't get toasted and try to take him on!

Congrats on the house!

August 28, 2006 7:39 PM  
Blogger A Bronx Tale Opined...

congrats on the house.


so you gotta wait for the new roomie arragements i take it.

are they going to know about your blog.

you can e-mial me that answer if you wish.

August 29, 2006 3:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home