Friday, June 09, 2006

A Soldier Comes Home & A Baby Is Born

There has been alot going on the last few days, which I'm grateful for, because it takes my mind off my own troubles.
The Army was able to get my brother-in-law home from Afghanistan for the birth of his daughter, with only a day to spare. We are so appreciative to everyone who had a hand in getting him here. I wish he had more time at home than two weeks, but at least he made it!
Of course, we made a big spectacle at the airport, and he was embarrassed!! His Dad flew in from Connecticut to be here, and of course, my parents, me, my sister, and Melly were all there to welcome him home.
Isn't that enough to break your heart??
Melly was so excited!!
My sister could hardly breathe!!
The happy family reunited.
We went to his favorite Mexican restaurant to celebrate!!
Bright and early the next morning, it was off to the hospital for the birth of the baby. After inducing labor first thing in the morning, it wasn't until shortly before 7:00 p.m. EST, that Isabella Olivia made her debut, weighing in at 5 lbs. 4 ozs. (Just barely enough for my sister to be able to take her home.) What a huge relief!!!
Daddy, baby and the new Big Sister!!!
World's Greatest Aunt!!
I promise to get some better pictures. When these were taken, she was less than 30 minutes old!!!!
Thank you Lord for blessing my family with this new addition. We are forever grateful!

11 Comments:

Blogger Michael K. Althouse Opined...

I can't imagine a better confluence of good tidings. Enjoy the homecoming and the new addition to the family - I'd say it's safe to say you deserve this!

~Mike

June 09, 2006 11:02 AM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

Mr. A: Thank goodness for distractions!! LOL

I'm going to really try and enjoy it - while it's here!!

June 09, 2006 12:27 PM  
Blogger TwistedPain Opined...

I am so happy for you and your family. This is a wonderful event and I am even more happy that her husband got a chance to make it home safe and sound and 'in time'. Congratulations from me to her, please pass that along.

-Twisty

June 09, 2006 1:35 PM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

Twisty: Will do. Thanks for the "well-wishes"! ;o)

June 09, 2006 2:31 PM  
Blogger Ellen Opined...

Oh gosh.... I am so happy for everyone in the pictures.... and the rest of your family as well. How nice to see a renewal of hope through a new life. The world is spinning as it should right now, and I'm glad the tidings are raining down on you!

Yes, you will be the worlds best Aunt... of that, we all have no doubt.

Take care, and have a happy, safe weekend.

Many hugs to all!

June 09, 2006 6:16 PM  
Blogger Wiwille Opined...

Congrats auntie Jinsane.

June 10, 2006 2:07 AM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

Ellen: It's been a real whirlwind of activity, but it's been really nice!!!

WW: Thanks!!! I'll try not to mess her up too much! ;o)

June 10, 2006 2:59 PM  
Blogger Snaggle Tooth Opined...

Congratulations Isabelle, Mommy, Daddy, Sister, Auntie, n Great-grands!!
Those pics are so adorable ! *sniffle* I got misty... great job!

Sounds like a long-labor-haul day, n lotsa 2-hour feedings to go, but such a good-tired!

I knew everything was gonna work out just fine there for you all. More prayers on the way for you, continued-roll-upwards!

June 10, 2006 7:27 PM  
Blogger Harlyn Opined...

wow congrats jen!!!!!!

June 11, 2006 10:14 AM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

Snags, EJ, City and Kelso: Thanks for all the sweet thoughts! It's been great so far!! Be prepared for lots of pictures!!!

June 12, 2006 9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous Opined...

How absolutely adorable! And yes, you're a wonderful aunt! I can't imagine having to leave my wife and kids for months at a time... my hat's off to your brother-in-law... and of course, your sister too. It must be pretty difficult at times...

June 14, 2006 1:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home