Friday, May 26, 2006

Oh No!! Not Again!!!

Last night was another round of bad storms through the area. I lost power at about 6:15 p.m. and spent the rest of the night in the dark, bored out of my mind, with two huge dogs laying on me panting all night! It might sound fun, but trust me, it was not! Thank God it didn't happen Wednesday night, because if I would have missed the season finale of Lost or American Idol - someone would have died! I just haven't been in the mood for games this week!
Mom called me late last night and told me that she got laid off - after 22 years!! She is/was an office manager for an OB/GYN office. Because the insurance rates have gone up so high for OB work, it just did them in. I feel so sorry for her and her boss, who's been like an uncle to me almost my entire life (except for the fact that he's seen me REAL up close and personal). LOL
He doesn't deserve to end his career this way!!! The fact that insurance costs about $300K a MONTH is absolutely ridiculous. How can any practice survive that??

Anyhoo, I wake up this morning with a huge tree laying across my driveway, blocking my car in and denting my fence. I still had no power and had to take a nice ice-cold shower. Figures, doesn't it?? Can just one day go by without anything catastrophic happening?
OK - on to more light-hearted things. This weekend is supposed to be the big blowout at the lake. However, for the second year in a row, the largest Beatle Festival in the world is returning to The Ville.



The three-day event brings together over 50 bands, from 12 countries. The weekend will include a Beatles film festival, lectures on the rock group and sale of memorabilia. This event is expected to generate an estimated economic impact of over $3 million for us, which is totally SWEET!!! The Festival used to be in Cleveland, but last year they decided to move it here! They are now in talks to make The Ville it's permanent site, and I am thrilled about that. Even if you're not a huge Beatle fan, just having the music playing and being outside - there is nothing better in my eyes!!! Of course, I have always been a HUGE Beatle fan thanks to my Daddy!
So, I'm not sure if I will go to the Festival, or go to the lake, or maybe BOTH!!! You guys know how I love to multi-task!!
I hope you all have a great holiday weekend!!! I'm going to try and stay busy and not dwell on the diaster that is my personal life!! Who knows, maybe I'll run off with the Beatles.

7 Comments:

Blogger Scott Opined...

Man your town sounds amazing. I would love a Beatles festival to come to town! I hope that you have a great time.

I think that those storms that you are talking about are on their way here. We are supposed to get them this afternoon.

Scott

May 26, 2006 11:45 AM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

Scott: Thanks so much!! I'm really going to try and have a nice, relaxing three-day weekend!!

Hope the storms pass you over - they were vicious!!

XO - Jen

May 26, 2006 12:03 PM  
Blogger Ellen Opined...

We got the bottom end of those storms here....nothing to be too worried about for sure... and we really did need the rain. Sorry to hear it added to your catastrophes. Geez, you deserve a real break, chickadee!

I've been a Beatles fan from way back (like when they first came out in the 60's)... even though I was a kid. I loved the music, and can even remember when they were on the Ed Sullivan Show. Cool that you get a fesitval!

Have a great multi-tasking Memorial weekend! Go to the lake, listen to the festival music, and forget lifes cares for just one weekend.... and for goodness sake, have a wonderful time doing it all!

May 26, 2006 1:52 PM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

Ellen: Amen Sista!! That's exactly what I'm PLANNING on doing. Let's see if I can make it happen! ;o)

May 26, 2006 2:01 PM  
Blogger Neo Opined...

Jen - Sorry to hear about your mom that totally sucks. But hey, maybe it's a blessing in disguise?

I hear ya on the storms. They're calling for some brutal T-Storms tonite and tomorrow in Philly, sadly I have to go out in that crap. (ugh)

Have a good time at the show. And make sure you don't end up a groupie. ;)

Have a good Memorial Day.

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo

May 26, 2006 7:14 PM  
Blogger Snaggle Tooth Opined...

Hope you finally found a way to get the tree out of your way! n the power restored. What a way to start the week-end!
Guess you're lucky the house is still intact...

I'd love that Beatle-fest! I'm a fan from way back, know many of the tunes. I bet you'll find a way to have fun despite all the recent life-storminess-

May 27, 2006 1:18 AM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

Neo: Thanks for the shoutout to my mom! All we can do is hope, right?

Hope the storms blew over quickly!

Snags: Actually, considering everything else going on - the power outage and the thee were things I handled with flair! LOL
Luckily, the power was back on when I got home from work Friday! I've had a nice, relaxing weekend so far! Whoo Hoo!

May 29, 2006 1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home