Friday, May 19, 2006

Let The Games Begin

What a week this has been!!! I have been so stressed at work. I think there was only one day this week that I actually made it home before dark. On top of that, I've been running wild trying to get everything together for my sister's baby shower, which is tomorrow!! I've still got some last minute stuff to get, but it's all shaping up!! I made all the favors, bought and wrapped all the game prizes, hand-made some games for us to play, and tonight, I get to clean my entire house, cook all the food and finish getting the games in order. Then, in the morning, I have to go get the balloons and the cake; take the dogs to a friend's house to watch during the shower; and decorate the entire house. I'm expecting about 15-20 people, so it should be pretty intense. I always take hosting things very seriously - maybe too much!!! I just want it to be perfect for her.
After the shower, I'm supposed to head out with some friends for karaoke. I don't really feel up to it, since I've been running non-stop all week. But, I feel bad because I've turned them down about three times in the last week and a half.
Sunday, I've been invited to Churchill Downs for the races with my friend, Robyn. It's some kind of promotional thing that she got tickets to. We get to ride around in a limo and watch the races from a luxury box!! Then, it's off to Captain's Quarters - which is a nice restaraunt/bar on the River. Dad's band is playing, so it should be the perfect end to the day.
Wait a minute!!! Is there any time in there for me to REST this weekend???
I didn't think so.
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Take a nap and relax for me, OK???
*Jenanxious*

12 Comments:

Blogger TwistedPain Opined...

Be safe sweety.

May 19, 2006 11:52 AM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

Twisty: Always.

EJ: Thanks - I sure hope so. Maybe if I could have flown Ellen down here to cater, it would have been extra fabulous! LOL

May 19, 2006 12:20 PM  
Blogger Scott Opined...

Wow, that is an intense weekend. I say forget the Karaoke and sleep or sleep then head out later.

Cheers,

Scott

May 19, 2006 2:43 PM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

Scott: If I had any sense I would do that. But, I seem to have lost it all! LOL

May 19, 2006 2:59 PM  
Blogger Ellen Opined...

Oh my, you are busy this weekend!
We were supposed to have a ho-hum weekend ourselves, but it turned out that I ended up with 7 different jobs myself.... one is a church group of 160 people.
I would have loved to help you otherwise.... but I know you will do an extra fabulous job, because the prep sounds like you have it all coordinated well.

We still have to figure out a shower for citysoul... whenever you get some time, and whenever I can get a minute off. Mothers Day has been my only day off from work this month so far.

Take care, and have a wonderful weekend... and somewhere in there, get some rest!

May 19, 2006 4:47 PM  
Blogger Harlyn Opined...

sounds like a fun weekend to me! I don't like to rest much though...go go go. Have a good time!

May 21, 2006 10:37 AM  
Blogger Skye Opined...

Hi soul sister! yeah party! Just got home from Vegas and it was non-stop from the moment the plane touched down. Love ya. :)

May 22, 2006 6:10 AM  
Blogger Neo Opined...

Jen - Same feeling over here with the stress. Man it messes with your head eh?

Hope your shower was a success, I'm sure you did great.

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo

May 22, 2006 11:43 PM  
Blogger Snaggle Tooth Opined...

Party, ride, party, place a bet, party, sing-along-with da...zzzzz get up n work again-
What a life! Ya must be exhausted! Hope it all took your mind off your troubles!
Have a good work-week!

May 23, 2006 2:16 AM  
Blogger Michael K. Althouse Opined...

Well here it is Tuesday morning... it must have been one hell of a weekend! I can hardly wait to hear all about it!

~Mike

May 23, 2006 9:02 AM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

Ellen: Sounds like you had a major weekend as well!! I hope it went OK.

Kelso: I hope you had fun - you definitely deserve it!!

City: You can live vicariously through me then! LOL

Sag Sis: I don't even want to think about the trouble I'd get into in Vegas! ;o)

Neo: I don't even know where my head is anymore!

Snags: I am exhausted and I did actually get to forget everything for awhile, which was nice!

Mr. A: It was one hell of a weekend! I'm still trying to recover!

May 23, 2006 12:09 PM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

Ellen: Sounds like you had a major weekend as well!! I hope it went OK.

Kelso: I hope you had fun - you definitely deserve it!!

City: You can live vicariously through me then! LOL

Sag Sis: I don't even want to think about the trouble I'd get into in Vegas! ;o)

Neo: I don't even know where my head is anymore!

Snags: I am exhausted and I did actually get to forget everything for awhile, which was nice!

Mr. A: It was one hell of a weekend! I'm still trying to recover!

May 23, 2006 12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home