Friday, May 05, 2006

Oaks Day

Well, today is the running of the Oaks. It's fastly becoming almost as big as the actual Derby!! Like I've said before, the Ville essentially shuts down during Derby Week, so I actually get off at noon today! Whoo Hoo!!!

Today will be my maiden voyage into the chaos that is the infield, the section in the middle of the race track. I'm going with about eight people, so it should be a blast. And, of course, I'm taking my camera. LOL
If all goes well, I may go tomorrow for the Derby. I've been a few times and it is total bedlam!!!
Anybody have any bets they want me to place for them????
Anyway, I hope you all have a great weekend!! It'll probably take me three weeks to recover from this one!!
I will leave you with a little horse humor in honor of the big weekend!

5 Comments:

Blogger Scott Opined...

Have a wicked time this weekend. I am definately jealous of all these goings on. Be safe and I look forward to the photos.

Scott

May 05, 2006 10:14 AM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

Scott: I might even be a little wicked myself! LOL!

Hope you have a good one!

May 05, 2006 10:30 AM  
Blogger Ellen Opined...

Have a wonderful time at the Derby! Looking forward to the picture of you in your bonnet...

May 05, 2006 12:16 PM  
Blogger Snaggle Tooth Opined...

In Bean-town aka Boston, "wicked" ("whik-ed")is a special local-slang word, not meaning evil, but used to intensify. You were wicked itchy last week, I hope the Mint-julips helped numb it out for ya!
Watched the Derby today, n thought of you, bet it was a wicked blast!

Did your bet win? My guess didn't place.

May 07, 2006 3:12 AM  
Blogger Neo Opined...

Jen - Have a great time, post those picts when you get back!

Have a great weekend, I'm on a mission later tonight, so I'll catch you on the flip side.

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo

May 07, 2006 5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home