Friday, April 21, 2006

Let's Get This Party Started

Tomorrow is the official kick-off of the Derby Festival! Let the Good Times Begin!
As I mentioned in the historical post of my hometown, Thunder Over Louisville is the first event of the "season". They start the day off with an air show and tons of booths and food that's terrible for you, but oh-so-good! The fireworks show starts at about 9:30 p.m. and lasts about an hour - give or take. I can see the entire show from my office window - which is way cool! I'm bringing my sister and Melly down here to enjoy it! I figured with her being eight months pregnant, and having a five-year-old, she doesn't need to be walking around with the masses - and trust me there are hundreds of thousands of people, from all over the world, who come to witness this spectacle. They choreograph the fireworks to music and blast it all over the city - it is truly awesome! I'm going to try and get some good shots to post on Monday!
The only bad thing about attending Thunder is the two to three hour traffic jam that you must endure afterwards. There is just no getting around it!
I think I may go out and let off some steam tonight! It's been a long exhausting week at work, with no signs of slowing down any time soon! Trust me, I'm not really complaining - job security is a good thing. But, when you're the only one in your department, it can really suck some major ass!
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
XO - Jen

11 Comments:

Blogger Harlyn Opined...

sounds like fun! I want to go

April 21, 2006 9:56 AM  
Blogger TwistedPain Opined...

Me too. Have fun, be safe and enjoy a fun weekend with your sis and mellymonsterdoodlechicken.

April 21, 2006 10:02 AM  
Blogger Neo Opined...

Jen - You should have come out with me last night. I lost track of how many beers I had. LOL

Have a great weekend, and enjoy the show.

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo

April 21, 2006 10:30 AM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

City: Any time you wanna make the trip back down South, just let me know!

Twisty: Thanks - I'm sure it'll be a fun time!

Neo: Funny you should mention that! I was on my way to work this morning and got a great idea for our next Challenge! I'll email you with the DT's later!

April 21, 2006 10:48 AM  
Blogger Scott Opined...

Have a great time... wish i was down there. Kentucky rocks!

Scott

April 21, 2006 11:43 AM  
Blogger Wiwille Opined...

You know I'm no Derby fan, but that sounds like fun. I could also relive a Hunter S Thompson moment.

April 21, 2006 12:12 PM  
Blogger Ellen Opined...

ALL food that is terrible for you is oh so good, huh? What's that saying.... everything I like is either fattening, immoral or illegal. LOL!

I hope you all have a wonderful time... and look forward to the pictures. Have a great weekend!

April 21, 2006 1:32 PM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

Scott: Thanks - I think it does too!

WW: Reliving a HST moment would be interesting indeed - as long as I could join you!

EJ: Thanks - I sure will try!

Ellen: Same here!!!

April 21, 2006 1:51 PM  
Blogger Skye Opined...

Did I hear the magic word? "P A R T Y" ohhh yeah bring it on! Bang a Gong! :) have fun.

April 22, 2006 8:35 PM  
Blogger Snaggle Tooth Opined...

Wish I was up for the trip down this year, soundz like an entire blast- Have a great week-end!

April 22, 2006 11:15 PM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

Sag Sis: You heard me right!

Snags: Me too! I'm sure you'd really enjoy yourself! ;o)

April 24, 2006 9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home