Friday, April 28, 2006

Drama Central

If you've ever wondered why I named my blog, "Mind Blowing Insanity", here's an example of the things that just always seem to happen either: to me, around me, or because of me.

I woke up yesterday morning to get ready for work, open the blinds to my big picture window in the front room, and see a S.W.A.T. team standing in my front yard, along with 30+ cop cars lined up and down my street. WTF???
Apparently, at 6:00 a.m., they had tried to serve a mental inquest warrant on the woman who lives two houses down; she went ballistic and brandished a weapon. There's nothing worse than a drunk, schizophrenic woman with a handgun. (Is it terrible that the whole time this is going on, I'm snapping pictures to share with you guys????)
At about 9:45 a.m., they broke a window and tried to throw a phone into her, so that they could communicate, and she responded by throwing the phone back at them and firing a shot at the officers. Talk about freaking out! I live in a nice, quiet neighborhood. I'm not used to waking up to gunfire. Anyway, at this point in time, the police won't let any of us leave the neighborhood.....so I'm stuck watching the drama from my front porch. I sat watching one of the officers practice working with this robot, so that they could try to catch some images from inside her home. I thought this was stuff you only see in movies???
I was finally allowed to leave to go to work at around 10:00 a.m. This was the scene on the other side of her house.
At about 6:00 p.m., she fired two more shots through her front windows, but didn't seem to be shooting at anyone. The police never returned fire - which I thought they should be applauded for. The whole point, for them, was to get her to a hospital for treatment. She apparently hadn't been taking her medication and was drinking heavily, which is why her family members issued the mental inquest warrant in the first place.
I got home at around 8:00 p.m., and had to show ID just to get into my driveway, which was full of news vans. They actually did their live reports from my front yard - which was kinda cool!!
About an hour after I got home, I started hearing alot of what I thought was gunfire. Apparently, they fired about two dozen rounds of tear gas into her house. It took them until after midnight to go in and get her. She must be freakishly immune to that stuff. I watched them put her into the ambulance and take her away to the hospital.
(Sorry the picture is so small - I don't know what I did!!)
Anyway, there's another edition of Jen's World, coming to you live from The Ville.
Stayed tuned for further drama in the near future.

12 Comments:

Blogger Jinsane Opined...

That's neat! He seemed really in control of things and I think the cops did an awesome job!!!

April 28, 2006 11:34 AM  
Blogger Wiwille Opined...

It's a good thing I'm not a cop. I have no patience for the mentally unstable who brandish firearms and would order tear gas the second that phone came flying back at me.

April 28, 2006 1:14 PM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

WW: I definitely understand! I was becoming quite impatient myself....considering my entire neighborhood was under lockdown for over 18 hours. But it seems that the cops always get flack, no matter which way they go. I think they did a great job.

April 28, 2006 1:21 PM  
Blogger Scott Opined...

Wow, that is something else. Sounds like the police used great restraint in the situation.

Scott

April 28, 2006 2:49 PM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

Scott: I agree. Especially, after being shot at! I give them major props!!!

April 28, 2006 2:57 PM  
Blogger Neo Opined...

Jen - Wow, what a nut! MBI LIVE on the scene! Good job!

Have a great weekend!

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo

April 28, 2006 6:39 PM  
Blogger Ellen Opined...

"There's nothing worse than a drunk, schizophrenic woman with a handgun".... LOLOLOL! Ain't that the truth!

I know this wasn't supposed to be a "funny post"... but it really was.

Have a good weekend, chickadee!

April 28, 2006 10:08 PM  
Blogger mckay Opined...

i agree with ellen. that was a crack up line! what a day.

me, i'd be torn between doing the duck and cover drill and looking for cute cops.

April 28, 2006 11:12 PM  
Blogger Snaggle Tooth Opined...

Nice pics for your news report! Robot looks very handy...
I just wonder if any of her random shots hit innocent homes or things across the street?
Of course, now she'll face fire-arms violations in a residencial area too! Never mind the peanut challenge-
Did you wave to Mom on the 6 o'clock news?

April 29, 2006 1:57 AM  
Blogger Harlyn Opined...

wow...funfilled day! interesting drama...living in NYC I got my share.

April 30, 2006 9:38 AM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

Neo: I was trying to "bring it"!! LOL

Ellen: I have a bad habit of trying to laugh my way through stress! I guess it worked! LOL

McKay: Thanks for stopping by!! There were actually quite a few cute cops - not that I was looking or anything! ;o)

Snags: Amazingly enough - there have been no charges filed against her at this point! I'll keep you posted.

City: I'm sure you have plenty of stories to share. Not just from living in the city, but being a bartender on top of that! I'd love to hear some of your drama!! ;o)

April 30, 2006 3:58 PM  
Blogger Eddie Opined...

Came across your site and cheaked it out and it is neat,love some of your storys, and your thursdays, hope it is alright to stop by from time to time, my wife is from ky, she is their now with a sick friend.

June 25, 2006 9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home