Monday, May 29, 2006

Midnight Musings


I miss those worry-free summer nights that I had just two short years ago. The night air rustling my bedroom curtains and softly brushing my hair across my cheek.

I miss not having a reason to stay up late, but I do it anyway, just for the sake of savoring the extra time. This is when I dream. This is when I smile to myself and think of all the great moments that, I hope, wait for me.
These are the moments when I try to enjoy myself; when I'm restless. It's because I'm hoping I have great things to look forward to, not because I have endless pressures weighing me down and making each breath labored and heavy.
I will ALWAYS cherish the nights that I have alone.

I will NEVER forget how to dream.

I will ALWAYS be ready for something more.

My midnight moments are all I need to get out of bed and face the next morning.

My midnight moments are all I need to remind myself to be motivated, to stay positive, and to dream of a better life for myself.

When I wake in the morning, I'm not myself. I'm someone better. Someone to enjoy - Someone to love -Someone who dreams of a better tomorrow.

My old self lives forever, within a single night.

11 Comments:

Blogger Scott Opined...

Cool post! Sounds like you have a pretty solid perspective at the moment.

Scott

May 29, 2006 4:13 PM  
Blogger Snaggle Tooth Opined...

I love quiet contemplation time, too. Lately, tho I'm lucky to get to sleep before dawn, n always too tired to do what I'd like in the dreams...

Everyone needs to dream! Regrouping to move on helps...

May 29, 2006 4:39 PM  
Blogger Wiwille Opined...

Get some sleep kid.

May 30, 2006 1:19 AM  
Blogger Michael K. Althouse Opined...

That's it Jen. Those are great affirmations, I think I might just borrow one or two, if you don't mind.
;-')

~Mike

May 30, 2006 8:31 AM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

Scott - I'm trying!! I'm really, really trying!

Snags: If I could function daily with only two hours of sleep - I'd do it! I love being up late at night. It invigorates me! Is that strange?

WW: I'll sleep when I'm dead.

Mr. A: I don't mind at all!! ;o)

May 30, 2006 10:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous Opined...

I really like this post Jen....It was beautiful. I would love to dream again. And I can see what you mean about the quiet time for your midnight moments...I question them sometimes, but I still see what you mean. Thanks for sharing.

I have moved my page, again...I don't really have a choice in my situation right.....
Either way I wanted you to have it incase you wanted it.

May 30, 2006 12:46 PM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

Squirm: Thanks!! Of course I want your new "address". I check on you all the time. ;o)

May 30, 2006 1:45 PM  
Blogger Ellen Opined...

You go, chickadee! Thoughts like that are the ones that keep you moving in the right direction. More power to you... and more lessons we could all take use of!

May 30, 2006 2:15 PM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

Ellen: Well, I'm trying!! Some days are worse than others, obviously. I was just in a pretty good place this weekend. Hopefully, I'll stay there for awhile! ;o)

May 30, 2006 3:26 PM  
Blogger Neo Opined...

Jen - Hmmmm, ya gotta get out of my head. ;)

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo

May 30, 2006 6:18 PM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

Neo: Well, we got together for some reason! I guess that's it!

May 31, 2006 11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home