Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Let It Be

Sorry I didn't post yesterday! I know it's already Wednesday, so I kinda missed the window to post about the weekend, but it's my blog and I'll do whatever I want, damn it!

I really had a relaxing time. I didn't do a single thing on Friday night, which is VERY unusual for me. I just loafed around on the couch and watched TV. It was really, REALLY, really nice.

Side Note: I'm pretty sure I forgot to tell you all this, but when I went to help my sister in New York in January, I also went up there to get her dog, Jada, who she could no longer keep. Bryan decided that he was going to take her, which was a huge relief, because there was no way in hell I could let that dog go to the pound. Long story short - five months later, I have the dog. Bryan decided he couldn't keep her and I couldn't stand the thought of her going to someone I don't know. I'm really bad about that - I'd own 500 dogs, if I could. Even though I can't really afford double vet bills, etc., I thought maybe it would be good for Kloie to have a buddy. Jada and Kloie have been getting along OK. They are really hilarious to watch. No matter what toy one dog has, it wants what the other one's got. It's a trip!! I know you've all seen pictures of Kloie, she's a border collie mix and pretty small.
Jada is a boxer/lab mix, and she's a horse!!
I'm kinda afraid that she's going to hurt Kloie, because she gets so excited. But, so far, so good!
They really seem to enjoy playing with each other.
Anyway, back to my weekend recap. On Saturday, I started the day off by playing in the yard with the dogs. Jada freaked out when I turned the hose on. She started jumping into the spray and trying to eat it. It was priceless!! It felt so good to just be relaxed and laugh - even if I was by myself.
She was having an absolute ball!!
Look at her chest!! She's a brut!
I know this looks like she got slapped upside the face with the spray, but she was actually biting at it - and growling! I don't think I've ever laughed so hard!!
Of course, Kloie was hiding in the corner, she hates getting wet. What a diva!
After my fun in the yard, it was off to a massage. Hubby got me a gift certificate for Christmas, so I decided this was the perfect time to indulge. I could barely walk out of the salon by the time I was finished - I was so relaxed. I was told that I had the tightest back and shoulder muscles of any known human being. I wonder why???
After the massage, I picked up Daddy and we were off to the Beatles Festival. There were 10 different stages, so we just walked around and caught a little bit of each act.
It was packed and it was extremely hot. But, the cold beer and breeze coming off the river, made it all worthwhile.
I loved this shot! This is my favorite stage for concerts on the riverfront. It has the big water fountain, with some awesome skyline in the background! Not bad.
After seeing an incredible river sunset,
I was off to Karaoke!!
On Sunday and Monday, I spent the day with family, just being lazy. Nothing exciting to report.
Of course, I can't have a post with pictures, without including one of the beautiful Melly:
I could just eat her up!!
Last night was Melly's "graduation" from pre-school. It was hysterical. All of these five-year- olds, sitting in front of church, singing songs. They were actually very well-behaved. Kids are so awesome at that age.
Here's the GRADUATE!!!!
So......I've had a relatively drama-free last six days.
Hopefully, this isn't just the calm before the storm.

9 Comments:

Blogger Scott Opined...

Sounds like a great weekend. Jada rocks!! I love dogs that go crazy over things like that.

Scott

May 31, 2006 1:18 PM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

Jada is ALL THAT!! She could really scare the shit out of some people, but she is a really, REALLY sweet dog. ;o)

XFX: Jada ran right up to the water, can you believe that? Probably because it was so hot out. I'll send you another one of Melly that's a closer shot.

I love you too sis! Don't worry about yourself either - everything will be OK!!!

May 31, 2006 2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous Opined...

Sounds like an day evening, and I'm sooooo glad you were able to have that, in light of all the recent events in your life.

Our dog Maggie is like Jada, only it's the sprinklers that make her wig out. Just before the sprinklers turn on, air in the pipes hisses out of the sprinklers, and Maggie will run over, excitedly paw at the ground and bark, then the sprinkler will pop up and spray her in the face. She'll stand there and bite at the water coming out, too. Wierd pup.

Take it good and easy; live life at half speed and take a lot of time to notice things around you... very relaxing.

Have a wonderful day!

May 31, 2006 3:38 PM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

Nilo: Hey stranger! I've missed ya! I could sit and watch her in the yard all day! She's such a mess! ;o)

May 31, 2006 4:32 PM  
Blogger Ellen Opined...

I also am sooooo glad you had a great weekend... you are soooo deserving of a weekend without all the drama. May many more come your way to break the cycle!

And thanks for the lovely pictures of Melly-moo. She just gets prettier and prettier everyday!

May 31, 2006 5:32 PM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

Ellen: She's the brightest thing in my life right now (well, and my dogs, of course!!)

May 31, 2006 5:47 PM  
Blogger Neo Opined...

Jen - Good for you! Glad you got some time to relax. Send some of that this way eh?

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo

May 31, 2006 6:30 PM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

Neo: If I had it to spare I would! LOL

June 01, 2006 10:34 AM  
Blogger Snaggle Tooth Opined...

That's alot of people at the Beatle-fest, looks like a good time.
I had a boxer dog growing up, n they do get quirky! Champ was loveable, but went balistick on the mailman's stop evey day (had to be restrained!) n they are strong with that deep-chest weight.
Jada must think the hose spray is evil n must be stopped! My cat Mischief thinks the same of scotch tape! Ya can't wrap presents with her around...
So many commentz upstairs, I decided to leave HNT alone n put one here!

June 02, 2006 1:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home