Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Another Lonely Night...and Some Other Stuff

This post is a rambling mish-mash of things from last night and from last weekend. My mind is in no shape to put any coherent thought together, so just try and deal with it.

I got home from work last night and did nothing but mope on the couch and watch TV. Of course, it seemed like everything I watched had all of these mushy couples on it, that made me want to puke. The funny thing was, that as I was sitting there trying not to cry and get all hysterical, I heard the phrase "mind blowing" on four different shows, (House, M.D., Sex in the City, Open House on HGTV, and Kathy Griffin on BRAVO), in four different contexts. How freaky is that??
On to other things:
My brother-in-law should be home from Afghanistan today!! I know that my sister will be so happy! I am so excited for her, but at the same time, when I see them reunited, it's just going to make me remember how I've lost everything. I know it's selfish, and I know that I'm only human - I just hate feeling that way. We're still not sure whether the baby will be born tomorrow or Friday, but I've taken both days off work, to make sure I'll be there.
Last Saturday, was Melly's first t-ball game. Let me start by saying that there is no way I could be a t-ball coach, I just don't have the patience. It was funny as hell though. None of them were paying any attention to the game. One kid was laying down in the grass. LOL!!! Melly was the first up to bat, and she scored their first homerun! Whoo Hoo. We were screaming so loud, that she was holding her ears as she ran across home plate.
What a trip!!
On Sunday, I went with a couple of girls from work to Churchill Downs again. It was the MicroBrew Festival and they had a bunch of bands playing in the infield. Diamond Rio was there, along with Rodney Atkins, who has a hit single out right now. I didn't realize how hot he was until I met him. Whew!!!! He told me I had beautiful eyes. I wonder if he's single? Let's face it, any man who can compliment you after you've been standing in the heat for six hours, with sweaty hair and no make-up, is a keeper!!! LOL
After the concerts, I went home to my empty house and had another breakdown. But, my puppies were there to cheer me up and lick my tears, literally. I had to bribe them with food for them to both sit still long enough for me to snap a shot of them. Aren't they the cutest?
This next one is my favorite! It looks like they're talking to each other.
That's all for now - sorry about this disaster of a post.

8 Comments:

Blogger Scott Opined...

The dogs look awesome.

I too could never coach T-Ball, i would without a doubt go crazy and I am actually a pretty patient guy.

Scott

June 07, 2006 11:53 AM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

Scott: I'm pretty patient too, but WAY too competitive.

June 07, 2006 12:14 PM  
Blogger Neo Opined...

Jen - That's mind blowing! ;>

So that's 5!

So did you leave any beer for the rest of the people at the show? :) *hugs*

- Neo

June 07, 2006 6:41 PM  
Blogger Ellen Opined...

I loved the picture of Melly coming up to home plate. That is priceless!

So did Ridney ask for your phone number? Ok, yeah, I know it's none of my business, but inquiring minds want to know!

Hope you are feeling better tonight... I tried to get into blogs all day, but blogger was down most of the afternoon, and I was stranded. I had to play solitaire all afternoon waiting for the phone to ring instead of blogging. Poor pitiful me....

June 07, 2006 10:12 PM  
Blogger Wiwille Opined...

You should totally go for that guy. He's cute.

Oh god I can't believe I just typed that. I need to go look at naked ladies now. Cya.

June 07, 2006 11:59 PM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

Neo: I tried like hell not to!

Ellen: No - I wouldn't be that lucky! ;o(

WW: Don't feel weird, you were just being my buddy! How sweet is that!!! Pretty Girl is a lucky lady. ;o)

June 08, 2006 12:02 AM  
Blogger Wenchy Opined...

So much of what you wrote I can identify with.... except Diamond Rio never commented on my eyes. mmmmmm

June 08, 2006 1:19 AM  
Blogger Snaggle Tooth Opined...

Your dogs are definately talking...

June 08, 2006 3:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home