Monday, November 26, 2007

!@#$%^&*(

Well, a lot has happened since I posted last. You know how I get…..sometimes I just don’t feel like thinking or talking about my life. Other times, I think and talk WAY TOO MUCH about it.

A week before Thanksgiving, my Mom decided to cancel the tradition we’ve had since I’ve been born, in favor of driving to New York to spend it with my sister. Of course, I understand the reasoning behind it. My parents just adore my nieces. And because they had already missed Melly’s 7th birthday the week before, they felt they needed to be with them. It was very sad for me not having my family around. It just brought back all the feelings I have about being single and childless and knowing that one day, all of my holidays will be this way. It’s just plain depressing.

This was my first year cooking Thanksgiving dinner. My boyfriend had his brothers over (both of their parents passed away years ago), and I must say that I am extremely proud of myself. My dinner turned out absolutely wonderful, and it made me feel good that he, at least, had his family around. It was a really nice day for him and I feel like they all really enjoyed themselves.

Saturday was my 35th birthday. Needless to say, it turned out to be a disaster – one that I don’t feel like discussing. Sunday, my boyfriend left for a work trip out of town, and will be gone for about two weeks. Alone again…..

I really need to get a life.
On a positive note, Extreme Makeover Home Edition was in town recently to build a much-deserving family a new home. I volunteered my time and spent an evening in the freezing cold working on the job site. What an adventure that was!! I will be using this as my theme for this week’s HNT, along with a little back story about the family.

Anyway, I really hope that everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday.

XO - Jinsane

9 Comments:

Blogger Wiwille Opined...

Sorry your Thanksgiving didn't go as planned.

November 26, 2007 5:37 PM  
Blogger Osbasso Opined...

Awww...Sorry your family wasn't around. Wish I would have had your phone number to sing Happy Birthday to ya1

November 26, 2007 5:38 PM  
Blogger Blissfully Wed Opined...

I worked on Thanksgiving. I didn't see one family member. As much of a loner as I can be, it's never easy to be without the family on the holidays.

My best to you.

November 27, 2007 2:33 AM  
Blogger Professor Fate Opined...

My girls were with their mother (and I wasn't invited). I traveled to far far away land and spent it with someone else's family.

Sorry about the birthday (Happy belated).

November 28, 2007 10:50 AM  
Blogger Scott Opined...

Sorry to hear that the b day did not go well.

Good for you for helping out a deserving family.

Scott

November 28, 2007 12:23 PM  
Blogger Inkedweezel Opined...

It sounds like you pulled it off, so pat yourself on your back(side).
You ROCK!.....dammit. :)

November 28, 2007 4:00 PM  
Blogger Harlyn Opined...

Happy Birthday!! Your boyfriend? I'm so behind...time to catch up!!

December 05, 2007 1:00 PM  
Blogger ~Tim Opined...

Sorry I missed your birthday and really sorry that it and your turkey day were not all that you deserve.

December 06, 2007 5:42 PM  
Blogger Rat In A Cage Opined...

That kicks ass that you volunteered to do that. I know what you mean. I am in a similar situation, and from the end of November until the end of December can just be pure hell. You're not alone. Stay strong. I have done lots of the volunteer stuff also, and it really helps out. Good luck.

December 09, 2007 1:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home