Friday, October 19, 2007

What the Hell??

So, he walks in and says, “I brought you some chicken wings”. Instead of punching him in the face, like I felt like doing, I just went to bed.

I am not the kind of girl who blows up a guy’s phone. I may sit home and worry about where he is….not in a psychotic kind of way, but in a caring way. If he is 10, 20, 45 minutes late, I don’t ask him 100 questions about where he’s been. But when he is almost six hours late getting home, with no phone call, no reply to the ONE text message I sent just making sure he was OK, especially when we had massive storms last night….that’s just plain insensitive. I’m not trying to put him on a leash. It’s just RESPECT for your partner. You know what I mean?

And, all of this on top of my ex-husband (you all remember the one!) stopping by the house out of the blue last night. How weird is that? He said he was in the neighborhood, and thought he’d see how I was doing. I must say, it did knock me for a loop. It was awkward, but also extremely familiar. I guess when you are with someone for almost 14 years, that’s the way it goes. It was just your basic chit-chat….but we did clear a few things up. I was almost sad when he left, but it wasn’t a feeling like I was sad we weren’t together. I think I was just sad at the loss of a great friendship. Who knows? Maybe we can actually be friends again. When he told me about the few girls he has dated, I didn’t feel one ounce of jealousy or any other crazy feelings like that….and that felt good too. Of course, I’m in love with someone else now, so I guess that makes sense.

It was just a weird night, with lots of weird emotions. But, what else is new?

7 Comments:

Blogger Mattbear Opined...

I hope he apoligizes.

To speak from the male perspective, I have to say you're in a fairly new relationship it seems, so he may not yet be used to the idea of needing to let you know where he is and when he's going to be home. Men are thick-headed. It took me a few years of living together to get used to that idea.

It could also be that he sees having to tell you where he is and when he'll be home as a restriction on his freedom. Tread cautiously, I would say. A man who feels his freedom is being too hemmed is more likely to fight or bolt.

October 19, 2007 4:16 PM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

Well we've been together for almost a year and a half, and live together. He's never done anything like this before, but at the same time. It only takes 10 seconds to call and let someone know. I was more worried than anything. And he knows that I don't try to put restrictions on him. It just rubbed me wrong.

But thanks for the male perspective! XO

October 19, 2007 4:20 PM  
Blogger TwistedPain Opined...

How's abouts thems Gators?

Love ya!

-Twisty

October 22, 2007 10:22 AM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

Twisty: How about a punch in the nose??? LOL

October 22, 2007 11:23 AM  
Blogger Wiwille Opined...

Well he did get wings. That's something.

Then again a simple text couldn't have done him any harm. Maybe he just didn't realize how much you worry about him?

October 22, 2007 12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous Opined...

Honey, I feel your pain. Mine does the same thing. My favorite is when he tells me he'll be home in a little bit and shows up a few hours later. His time at the bar casues a lot of the problems in our relationship since he'd rather go out with the guys than do anything with me.

I don't think they worry like we do. I have been told that as long as I'm not cheating on him, he doesn't care what I do. Thanks a lot....

How is the job going?

October 22, 2007 1:17 PM  
Blogger Eddie Opined...

Sounds like to me you still need a good old fl boy to treat you right, he should have called if he was going to be late, its a matter of respect, sorry been gone so long dear, needed to find me agine, i'm back now and will watch over you and tell you the good things about you...hehehe, eddie

October 22, 2007 8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home