Wednesday, October 17, 2007

HNT - Wildcat Edition

L-S-WHO?? My beloved Cats beating the #1 team in the nation last weekend, was exactly what my spirit needed. Don't be a hater.....it's been 43 years since Kentucky has beat a #1 team!! Let us have our little moment in the sun. I am definitely worried about playing Florida on Saturday, but right now I'm just taking a few days to bask in the glory.
There are two things that should be in a TRUE Kentucky Girl's TOP 5 of Life:

That is Jesus and the Kentucky Wildcats. I hope that this picture captured that!!

Kentucky women appreciate their natural assets: Clean skin; A winning smile; and that unforgettable Southern drawl.
Kentucky women have a distinct way with fond expressions : "Y'all come back!" "Well, bless your little heart!" "Drop by when you can" and "How's your Momma?"
Kentucky women know everybody's first name: Honey, Darlin', Baby
Kentucky women know the 3 deadly sins: Having bad hair and nails, Having bad manners, and Cooking bad food
Only a Southerner knows the difference between a hissie fit and a conniption fit, and that you don't "HAVE" them, you "PITCH" them.
Only a Southerner can show or point you to the general direction of "yonder."
Only a Southerner knows instinctively that the best gesture of solace for a neighbor whose got trouble is a plate of hot fried chicken and a big bowl of cold potato salad. If the neighbor's trouble is a real crisis, they also know to add a large derby pie!
They also know that "just down the road" can be one mile or twenty. Only a Southerner both knows and understands the difference between a redneck, a good ol' boy, and po' white trash.
In the South, y'all is singular, and y'all is plural.
A Southerner knows that "fixin" can be used as a noun, a verb, or an adverb.
Only Southerners make friends while standing in lines, ... and when we're "in line" we talk to everybody!
And for those who are not from the South, but have lived here for a long time, all y'all need is a sign to hang on y'alls front porch that reads "I ain't from the South, but I got here as fast as I could."
Happy HNT Everyone, from your favorite Kentucky girl!!
Much Love As Always - Jen-Wildcat-Sane

19 Comments:

Blogger Osbasso Opined...

Kentucky woman
She shines with her own kind of light
She looks at you once
And a day thats all wrong looks all right
And I love her
God knows I love her

Kentucky woman
If she get to know you
She goin to own you
Kentucky woman

Oh, you knew SOMEONE was going to post this! Seems to be a dangerous thing to be #1 this season!

October 18, 2007 10:15 AM  
Blogger h Opined...

Very nice HNT post and congrats on Kentucky's great win against LSU.

Kentucky Football's favorite student cheer used to be:

WAIT TIL BASKETBALL SEASON!!

Not anymore.


As to Saturday, this GATOR says:

C H O M P !! C H O M P !!

October 18, 2007 10:20 AM  
Blogger Wiwille Opined...

That cleavage turned me religious.

October 18, 2007 10:22 AM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

Os: Yeah, I knew it was coming...and I also knew it would be YOU!! ;o)

You also know that I love anything dangerous!!

Artful: You are absolutely right about our OLD favorite cheer!! I'm just so happy to be able to be excited about our football team this year. Catch me next week and we can discuss who chomped who!! ;o)

October 18, 2007 10:23 AM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

WW: I do try to do my part for the faith!!

October 18, 2007 10:23 AM  
Blogger TK Kerouac Opined...

Beautiful post Jinsane!

I notice you have my minx up on the sidebar
I've gone private
I'll send you an invite but plan on coming back out soon.
Happy HNT!

October 18, 2007 10:35 AM  
Blogger TK Kerouac Opined...

just realized I can't send you an invite because I don't see a email here,
If you like an invite
email me at tkkerouac@gmail.com
ttyl

October 18, 2007 10:36 AM  
Blogger Jason Opined...

happy hnt!

October 18, 2007 10:38 AM  
Blogger Professor Fate Opined...

You and Ashley Judd are both Wildcats. :)

HHNT

October 18, 2007 11:18 AM  
Blogger Scott Opined...

Great picture.

I visited Kentucky a few years back and everybody did talk to everyone, everywhere.

Scott

October 18, 2007 11:34 AM  
Blogger Stealth Opined...

AH! I am going to.steal.your.southern.list.

:) I love it :)

Kind of had to stare at your pic for a while to notice sports were involved, hehe :D Go Kentucky!!

:>

October 18, 2007 11:55 AM  
Blogger Blissfully Wed Opined...

You, me, and my UGA loving (therefore University of Florida hating) wife are all pulling for a happy Wildcats victory this week.

Of course, I just like to look at you half-nekkid, so I'm happy already.

October 18, 2007 1:04 PM  
Blogger Deech Opined...

Glad to see you posting again. This was an excellent pic! Happy HNT.

Flyinfox_SATX

October 18, 2007 1:14 PM  
Blogger Vixen Opined...

You have niiiiice cleavage :)

happyHNT!

October 18, 2007 3:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous Opined...

I love your glowing skin tone... Is it something from Kentucky?
And... with all your description, I learned that my mom is probably one of yours...;-))

October 18, 2007 4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous Opined...

I loved the fact the Cats beat'em....

But the Cats still won't get by my boys...Ga Bulldawgs :)

October 18, 2007 6:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous Opined...

So much of that is true. I know first hand. Gotta love southern women, too ;)

Great pic, btw. Very nicely...ummm...framed?

HHNT!

October 18, 2007 6:37 PM  
Blogger ~Tim Opined...

I think that one line should say, "In the South, y'all is singular, and ALL y'all is plural."

Love the photo!

HHNT

October 18, 2007 8:34 PM  
Blogger Shibari Opined...

Jin... you are absolutely stunning
xoxo

October 18, 2007 9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home