Tuesday, April 11, 2006

A Tear In My Beer? Maybe....

Well, I figured why not do a post on good ole' Country & Western Songs. There's no better time, then the present, to list some of the top songs on my list....of course with a little mixture of heartbreak and sarcasm - two wonderful ingredients of C&W music.
1. I Hate Every Bone In His Body, But The One In Mine
2. It's Hard To Kiss The Lips At Night That Chewed Your Ass Out All Day
3. If I Can't Be Number One In Your Life,Then Number Two On You
4. If The Phone Don't Ring, You'll Know It's Me
5. How Can I Miss You, If You Won't Go Away?
6. I Liked You Better Before I Got To Know You So Well
7. I'll Marry You Tomorrow, But Let's Honeymoon Tonight
8. My Husband Ran Off With My Best Friend And I Sure Do Miss Her
9. You're The Reason Our Kids Are So Ugly
10. His Teeth Were Stained But His Heart Was Pure
11. He's Looking Better After Every Beer
12. I Ain't Never Gone To Bed With An Ugly Man, But I've Sure Woke Up With A Few
And My Personal Favorites:
13. I Still Miss You Baby, But My Aim's Gettin' Better
14. If I Had Shot You When I First Wanted To, I'd Be Out of Prison By Now
15. I'm So Miserable Without You, It's Like You're Still Here
16. I Can't Get Over You, So Why Don't You Get Under Me?
17. If You Can't Live Without Me, Why Aren't You Dead Yet?
18. I'm The Only Hell Mama Every Raised
19. He Got the Gold Mine and I Got the Shaft
20. Thank God and Greyhound He's Gone
21. I Got the Ring and He Got the Finger
22. She Offered Honor, He Honored Her Offer, and All Through the Night it Was Honor and Offer
23. I Keep Forgettin' I Forgot About You
24. I Got In At 2 With a 10 and Woke Up at 10 With a 2
25. If Love Were Oil, I'd Be A Quart Low

6 Comments:

Blogger Jinsane Opined...

EJ: You Ain't Lyin!!!

April 11, 2006 11:36 AM  
Blogger Scott Opined...

Classic stuff there!! Love those names, I wonder if you can find the actual songs online???

Scott

April 11, 2006 11:51 AM  
Blogger Skye Opined...

Those are hysterical. Glad to know you are in a better mood today.

April 11, 2006 2:10 PM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

Scott: I'm sure you could! You can get anything online nowadays!!!

Sag Sis: I wouldn't really say a better mood - just comfortably numb!!

April 11, 2006 2:17 PM  
Blogger Ellen Opined...

Nothing like a good C&W to describe a broken relationship...
these are great!

April 11, 2006 9:20 PM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

Ellen: I thought it was fitting!!

April 12, 2006 9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home