Friday, November 25, 2005

My Bathroom Is Possessed!

I get up this morning with a burst of energy that scared even me. So, I decided to wallpaper my bathroom. I know, I'm insane. Why did I take this on by myself? You know how you get these great ideas and then when you're about halfway through, you've created a bigger mess than the one you started with? Ugh! I wish you guys could see me. At one point, I was teetering over the tub, you know, one foot on the ledge and the other in that small little corner where you sit your shampoo or whatever? I had this piece of wallpaper that was about as long as I am tall. I'm trying to get a straight line at the ceiling, when the paper slides down and lands on my head. Well, as anyone who has ever wallpapered knows, it's wet and slimy and is pretty flimsy. I got a nice mouthful of wallpaper paste and sticky hair. I think my dog was laughing at me. She just layed back down and let out a HUGE sigh. I cracked up. At least I'm entertaining myself while I'm hard at it.
I started this project at about 11:00 a.m. It's now 3:08 and I'm about 3/4 done. I'm sure it will look awesome when I'm done. For one, because I'm anal; and, two, because I don't settle for anything but the best on my projects.
All of you "do-it-yourselfers" out there - pray for me. I need it! LOL

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous Opined...

I wish i could be there to help you.
B

November 25, 2005 3:17 PM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

Anon: Really you don't...it's a disaster area! LOL

November 25, 2005 3:23 PM  
Blogger cityman05 Opined...

Sounds like one of my projects.
You should take a chewed up piece of gum and tack the tops up so it doesn't fall down on you. LOL.

Good luck, buddy.

Kippy

November 25, 2005 3:51 PM  
Blogger Snaggle Tooth Opined...

I hope ya don't need to rip a hole through the paper to get out...

I've done wall paper before, but always at other's houses n with a helper. Tough by yourself! Pattern matching is always a joy! Won't even try it in here, this place is all uneven, non-plum wall edges, would def need the psyche-ward after this project...

Hope the glue washes outa the hair for ya!

November 25, 2005 5:50 PM  
Blogger Neo Opined...

Jen -She said mouthful, LOL!

November 25, 2005 6:21 PM  
Blogger Skye Opined...

Oh yeah, sheet rock is not easy either when your 5'2". Good luck.

November 25, 2005 6:26 PM  
Blogger alannajoy Opined...

Yikes JJ I know JUST what you mean! I start projects like that ALL the time and then find myself in a deeper mess than I started with and wondering what ever gave me the bright idea in the first place! Keep us posted on the progress, sure it will turn out great!
alannajoy

November 25, 2005 7:19 PM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

Kip: Good Idea - I may try that! ;o)

XFX: You've got that right sis! Wanna come over and help me? LOL

Snags: Well, I did get the glue out of my hair, but I think my eyelashes are permantly stuck together - LOL!

Neo: I knew you would pick that up! Where's the challenge, Dude? Were you talking about next Saturday?

Sag Sis: Yeah, but you're a firecracker - you can handle it.

Lan: I'm still not done with it. In addition to that, I'm about ready to rip one whole wall back down. I'm not impressed with my skills so far. LOL

Jax: Of course I was thinking about what I was going to write in my blog. I think I have a sickness.

November 26, 2005 11:19 AM  
Blogger Using up the words.... Opined...

Well... how's it looking? Beautiful?!
I hate wallpaper -almost with passion. BUT, love painting. hehe.

Praying it's all done, and you're no longer slimey.

:)

November 27, 2005 3:26 AM  
Blogger Ellen Opined...

Been there on the wallpaper ordeal myself... many times over. It ain't easy or fun when you're doing it alone, but the rewards are wonderful when you're all done and on to accessorizing after.
Painting is far more easier.
Best of luck!

November 28, 2005 8:47 AM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

UUTW, April & Ellen: Well, it's not exactly done yet. I ended up redoing an entire wall. There's a long story behind why I didn't just paint - maybe I'll blog about that some day.

I should be done with it this week, but my schedule is CRAZY. I'll keep you posted. ;o)

November 28, 2005 10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home