Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Dawn of a New Day

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas and that all of your holiday wishes came true. I had a nice time with my family and even heard from a few old friends.

As 2008 comes to a close, I just wanted to reflect back on the year and point out the best and worst that the year had to offer. I know I haven’t been very forthcoming over the last year, and there are definitely some reasons for that, but I am hoping that 2009 will bring me peace of mind and the ability to starting sharing again.

Let me get the bad things out the way first:

My 33 year old cousin (who was up for a kidney transplant) has been in a coma since April and still remains so. It is the most heartbreaking thing to see and something that I pray for every single day.

My heart got broken (AGAIN) in May 2008 when my boyfriend (and the best roommate ever) moved into his own place. We are still together, and things are going OK, but it still hurts sometimes. I’d much rather move forward with someone than backwards. It’s a no-win situation for me. I know he’s sick of hearing me talk about it – which is why I don’t anymore.

I lost my beloved Gramps in June of 2008…the Last of the Mohicans so to speak. His passing left my 55 year old father as the oldest member of our family, which is a really sad thing to me for some reason. I feel like my dad is still so lost after losing his father and it’s a hard thing to watch sometimes.

I’m still in limbo over my house. I’ve had it up for sale for almost a year now and still nothing. It’s a very difficult internal battle for me. Some days I just want to let it all go and start over again (for about the fourth time in my life)…and some days my pride takes over and I feel like I would walk through fire to keep it. I just can’t make up my mind about anything lately. That’s another difficult thing for me.

On to more positive thoughts:

My brother-in-law made it back safe from Afghanistan. Who could ask for a better start to the year than that?

My sister, brother-in-law and their beautiful girls finally came back from New York to live in our town. That was the best thing that could have happened for me. Having my sister back in my daily life is probably the thing that keeps me going.

I got my sister a job working with me at the law office and it has just been awesome. We grow closer every day. We ride to and from work together, eat lunch together, and just have the best time. It makes me feel like a million bucks.

So, I guess, in retrospect, my little sister has been the most positive thing for me this year. I’m so proud of her and happy that she has such a beautiful little family…even if I do get jealous from time to time. Sometimes, I feel like my heart will explode at how full it is with love for her. She’s my reason for getting up some mornings. It’s a good feeling.

I do also give thanks for my boyfriend - even though we have different thoughts on the way things should be - he is always there to support me and encourage me and for that I will always love him.

I hope that everyone has a wonderful New Years’ Eve and an even better 2009!

Much Love, As Always

~Jinwistful~ XOXO

6 Comments:

Blogger Osbasso Opined...

Wow. Had no idea about all the bad stuff! Good thoughts and wishes for all of it.

And hooray for your sister, though I imagine you're just as happy to see her kids, too!

Hope that 2009 brings all sorts of good things to you on all fronts! Love ya!

December 31, 2008 11:30 AM  
Blogger Wiwille Opined...

Here's to hoping 2009 is a far better year for you.

December 31, 2008 1:36 PM  
Blogger 13messages Opined...

I'm glad to read about the good stuff going on in your life. Here's hoping that 2009 will be awesome in all regards.

Glad I know ya.

M

December 31, 2008 2:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous Opined...

Goodness! That is so much stuff. I do hope the good overtakes the bad this year. I really hope for the best with your cousin.

January 06, 2009 11:08 PM  
Blogger Professor Fate Opined...

Happy New Year. I would think that 2009 has to be better.

My $0.02 - If your man cannot or will not give you what you want and need, you should move on. Yes, you may be alone for a little while. Yes, being alone sucks. But being alone is better than giving and never getting back. Being alone is also the first step toward finding someone new and better.

January 08, 2009 10:36 AM  
Blogger Eddie Opined...

Miss you dear!!!!

February 14, 2009 10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home