Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Wednesday Whinings....

I finally decided to start spending some more time outside in my yard, talking to my neighbors and just enjoying my house. It's been a long two years, and after the divorce, I pretty much became a hermit. So....when I got home last night, I changed clothes, grabbed a beer, turned up the stereo and just enjoyed my dogs. It was a really nice night......for about five minutes.

One of my neighbors, whose backyard is right behind mine, was sitting outside with his dog, and I decided to walk over and have a chat. It had been almost two years since I had talked to him (isn't that crazy?), and hadn't spoken to him at all since I brought the new dog home (if you all remember, Jada is the one that I drove all the way to New York to get from my sister when her husband was deployed). I just wanted to make sure that Jada wasn't terrorizing him or his little dog. He proceeded to tell me all the things he's witnessesed between my two dogs and how Kloie just lost her sparkle when Jada came on the scene. That she was depressed for months, she quit playing with his dog and just basically gave up. Of course, she's my baby, so I have noticed this also, and it's very upsetting to me. You would think that Kloie would have been the aggressor....the one defending her yard...her house. But this is not the case. Don't get me wrong, they play together and get along great, but it just saddens me that Kloie doesn't play as much, and that she lets Jada punk her out all the time.

For anyone who has dogs, you know how much personality they have. How much they bring to your life. And, especially with me having no children...these dogs are my life. But you all know that already. I just hate that I have brought this depression on my baby girl. I thought she would love to have a playmate....but Jada destroys all of the toys and pretty much just completely changed everything that Kloie was used to. Maybe I should call The Dog Whisperer. LMAO

After all of this transpired, and I decided to pop another beer, I went to sit down and relax. My phone rings before my ass even hits the seat, and it's my ex-husband (who I've spoken to only twice in the last nine months).
He proceeds to rant and rave for the next 40 minutes about a joint loan we still have and I just wanted to scream. I was already depressed enough over the dog situation, and the last thing I wanted to do was listen to his mouth. Mind you.....I had already downed that second beer during his tirade and was seriously wanting another one.

I finally hang up with him and proceed to beer #3, when my phone rings again. This time, it's a good buddy of mine.
I'm thinking...finally....something that's not depressing. Well, guess what? He was in a bad wreck on Friday, that involved two other cars and, worst of all, alcohol. He's now being charged with four felonies. Because of the fact that I work in the legal field, and everyone I know assumes I can get them out of anything, he called wanting advice and asked me to meet him at the Courthouse this morning. I told him I'd be there and tried to explain the process.....while finishing beer #3 and deciding that I really "needed" another one.

I finally hung up with him after 30+ minutes and decided to just go to bed.....by this time I had already spent almost three hours outside and didn't get to enjoy a single second of it.

My intention this morning was to get to work a little early, so that I could take some time to meet my buddy at Court. As soon as I rounded the corner to my office, my desk phone started ringing, and I'm thinking, "Already? The office isn't even open yet!" It was my boss calling to tell me that her father had a heart attack last night and she was calling to say she wouldn't be in, and that I needed to clear her schedule for the next few days.


In summary....my point is this: My life might suck right now (and has for some time), and I might complain about it, but at least I'm not a dog who has no toys; I'm not married to an abusive, self-absorbed ass anymore; I'm not being charged with four felonies; my dad is in good health; and I still have 9 beers left out of that 12-pack I bought yesterday.
Happy Hump Day Everyone!!
~Live, Love & Learn~ XO - Jen

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous Opined...

you are SOO right. Things can always be worse. You hang in there. And yes, I am still mysterious!

April 18, 2007 11:15 AM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

Sometimes though, thinking that things can always be worse, doesn't make the situation any better! But, that's life! ;o)

April 18, 2007 11:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous Opined...

great attitude! The only thing that would have made the post any better, would be pics.... ha ha

April 18, 2007 12:18 PM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

Yeah, I decided to put those in at the last minute!!

April 18, 2007 12:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous Opined...

I am more visual then anything else. Although Thursday are the best!!

April 18, 2007 12:55 PM  
Blogger Wiwille Opined...

Life's always better when you have beer available. Too bad that sometimes we have to see the horrendous life others lead to realize just how good we have it.

April 18, 2007 1:05 PM  
Blogger Not So Anon.. Opined...

mmm...I have changed from Anon...

April 18, 2007 1:10 PM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

Anon: I figured as much! LMAO

WW: You've got that right!!

NSAnon: Good to hear!! ;o)

April 18, 2007 1:54 PM  
Blogger Not So Anon.. Opined...

J - I switched and actually logged a profile (well not totally complete) - so I am the new and improved "anonymous"
Now that our 20 questions are over, what next?

April 18, 2007 2:51 PM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

I know that - I've already checked out your pimped out profile! LMAO

I have no idea what to do next. Any suggestions?

April 18, 2007 3:02 PM  
Blogger Not So Anon.. Opined...

I came up with the 20 questions./.. it's your turn

April 18, 2007 3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home