Tuesday, October 31, 2006

The Big Easy

Preface: Blogger will not let me add any more pictures to this post! I tried all day yesterday and half of this morning. Oh well......
Well, my first trip to New Orleans was a pretty damn good time! I had tons of fun (and way too much to drink) down on Bourbon Street!! I took some pictures down there, and of the post-hurricane chaos. Just click on the pics if you want a larger view.

This was a little jazz club that I stood out in front of for a while - people watchin'. Since it was Halloween weekend, there were plenty of things to see!!


Of course, this sign made me stop! There's nothing better than a Huge Ass Beer!! ;o)

The funniest part about these two guys was this little kid who came up and starting screaming that Santa Clause doesn't smoke and drink! I almost lost it!!

The people down there were so friendly. This little old lady was the cutest!!

I was the only one around that actually "got" her costume. There's nothing better than White Trash! LOL

Of course, you know, I couldn't pass up a group of ladies with penis glasses!!!

Or.....their female counterpart!!

This picture is out of control. And, honestly, I don't remember it being taken! ;o)

Now to the Hurricane Destruction:


I could not believe how the foundation of this house looked!!

This pool was from the backyard of the house on the right. It was completely pushed up from the ground and floated in between the houses. The whole neighborhood was eerie....and very disconcerting!!

8 Comments:

Blogger Wiwille Opined...

Now that's a post of mixed emotions. Great pics though.

November 01, 2006 10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous Opined...

cool pics
glad you had a good time!
jsull28fl

November 01, 2006 10:56 AM  
Blogger Scott Opined...

I am glad that people are having fun in New Orleans again.

But... that picture of the pool is crazy.

Scott

November 01, 2006 11:49 AM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

WW: I agree. The whole trip was full of mixed emotions.

JS: Thanks!

Scott: It was really nice to see!

November 01, 2006 12:31 PM  
Blogger Eddie Opined...

Its sad at all the tore up life there, but good to see they can still have fun...

November 01, 2006 8:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous Opined...

Did you eat me any oyesters?
jsull28fl@yaho

November 02, 2006 4:14 AM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

JS: Sorry...no I didn't. But after my two week drought, I didn't need any... LOL

November 02, 2006 9:23 AM  
Blogger A Bronx Tale Opined...

that looks crazy. the pool pic. wow. just puts into perspective how powerful it was.

crazy. sad.

November 02, 2006 2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home