Sunday, March 12, 2006

Hey...this is Emily again, I just wanted to let everyone know to keep Jen in your thoughts/prayers whatever it is that you do. She was supposed to come home from "paradise" Friday night, but is still stuck there with not much hope of coming home soon. She is really upset and panicking. Just to give you a quick low down...the first time they got on the plane...she looked out her window and saw fuel hitting the window and the plane nose diving for the water...luckily, they turned and landed safely but back at the same place they left...they had to dump their fuel in mid air...the second time, yesterday, as they were taking off, the cabin filled with smoke, and they didn't even get to take off. She is stuck in a place where they don't speak English, they have weird food, and $4 pringles out of a vending machine...so please please, keep her in your thoughts. I know how my sister is, and I know she is freaking out right now. That's really all I can say for now since I'm not exact on most of the details, I'll let her tell the story when she gets back.

12 Comments:

Blogger Snaggle Tooth Opined...

OMG I already prayed for her today before I read this anyway, once more can't hurt. Bet she's not keen on flying anymore! Or on missing work this week...
There's always boat then train rides...
Thankx for splainin Em!

March 12, 2006 5:52 PM  
Blogger Skye Opined...

Doing it right now!

March 13, 2006 1:35 AM  
Blogger TwistedPain Opined...

I knew there was a reason I couldnt get her out of my mind this weekend. She is in my thoughts and prayers even more than usual. Thank you for the update!

-Twisty the SM.

March 13, 2006 9:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous Opined...

OMG - Emily, thanks for updating her blog!! I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers!! That would horrify anyone, but at least you know that she is physically ok down there! Thanks again for the update.........we will all be praying for her safe return home!

March 13, 2006 4:31 PM  
Blogger Neo Opined...

Emily - OMG! Tell her to update as soon as she gets back. I was wondering why I hadn't heard from her.

I'll say a prayer right now.

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo

March 13, 2006 4:52 PM  
Blogger Ellen Opined...

Ditto, ditto, ditto.... prayers said, and well wishes for a safe return. Hopefully the rest of her trip was uneventful, as I know she was looking forward to this trip.
Thanks for keeping us informed!

Do you have any estimated time that they will get a real plane down there to get her home?

March 13, 2006 5:44 PM  
Blogger Michael K. Althouse Opined...

Staying positive... Come back safe and sound - and soon!

~Mike

March 13, 2006 8:44 PM  
Blogger Wiwille Opined...

I hope she's okay. I'm sure she'll make it back safe and sound though.

March 13, 2006 11:21 PM  
Blogger TwistedPain Opined...

ROAD TRIP ANYONE?!?!?!? (a canoe for any aquatic parts?)

March 14, 2006 11:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous Opined...

Definitely in my prayers! Hurry home, Jenster! Stay safe!!!

March 14, 2006 12:37 PM  
Blogger Harlyn Opined...

wow, thats crazy! just confirmed my plane phobia! I hope she's ok, and gets home soon!

March 14, 2006 7:16 PM  
Blogger Michael K. Althouse Opined...

This is taking entirely too long. Are you back yet?? I hope so, paradise is not supposed to hold one captive!

~Mike

March 14, 2006 9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home