Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Family is Everything

As those of you who visit here regularly know....I love my family. Sometimes maybe too much (if that's possible). A while back I told you guys that we just found out that my uncle (who's only 45) has colon cancer. His wife (who's only 44) had a heart attack a year ago. Needless to say, they've been through the ringer.
As a short back story, my aunt and uncle are two of my best friends. I used to see them almost daily. But, when my Gran died, they packed up and moved to a town about an hour away. I know that's not really that far, but adding a two hour round-trip drive to any visit is taxing. Anyway, it had been almost a year since I had been to their house. With my own train-wreck going on, I've been too self-involved to visit, knowing that it was going to be depressing. But this weekend, I was bound and determined to change that. With my sister and Melly in town, I decided we should all go for a surprise visit to lift their spirits a little bit.
So, we loaded Melly in the back seat and took off.
Doesn't it seem like I'm always posting pictures of Melly sleeping in the car? I know she looks severely uncomfortable, but she actually made her a little bed. She's very crafty. LOL
Here's the beginning of her "Can You See Me?" game. She was having a blast.
Getting mad because I was too busy taking pictures to play along.
Giving up and just being goofy.
Em, Me and Melly. My hat says "Classic Bitch" - which is one of my faves. I get alot of looks when I wear it. Mission Accomplished. LOL
My Uncle, Aunt and Cousin.
My cousin looks like a thug in this picture, but he had just gotten off a 12 hour shift. This picture kinda cracks me up because it is the epitome of Kentucky casual. My uncle is sitting there in "cover-alls" having just come in from outside. My aunt is sportin' a nice sweat-jacket and, of course, my "thug-looking" cousin. I don't know....I just find the picture funny.
Anyway, we had a really good visit and it made my heart a little lighter knowing that I had come to see them and spread some good old-fashioned Jen Love.
P.S. Only Five More Days Until I'm In Paradise!!!

8 Comments:

Blogger Skye Opined...

Mel is so cute is she going with you to Pair of dice?

March 01, 2006 3:12 PM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

Nope! I'm going with seven friends, so it should be a blast!!!

March 01, 2006 3:16 PM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

XFX: Yeah - I had a good time. It made me feel really good to go! Glad you enjoyed yourself too!

EJ: I'm so excited! I've got so much to do before I leave, but I'm up to the challenge!!

March 02, 2006 9:30 AM  
Blogger Ellen Opined...

There's our Melly... and cute as a button! Glad you were able to get out of town and away from the madness for awhile.

Have fun packing for the real vacation...Don't forget the camera!

March 02, 2006 12:22 PM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

Ellen: I'll have so many pictures, it won't even be funny. I'm a camera freak and that's probably just about all I'll do. Snap away.....and drink.....ALOT!!!!!

March 02, 2006 12:29 PM  
Blogger Ellen Opined...

jin~ there's still room in your suitcase for us to all sneak in and go along, right?

March 02, 2006 5:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous Opined...

About half of my younger sibs look like felons too.

Cute pictures of Melly at the screen door! So the countdown is on... Hope you have an awesome trip!

March 03, 2006 2:11 PM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

Ellen: Believe me - if I could, I would!! LOL

Nilo: Thanks...at least my relatives aren't the only ones! LOL

March 03, 2006 2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home