Wednesday, January 04, 2006

My Day With Melly

I had such a great day with my niece on Monday. I took her to the "dollar store" - you know those stores where everything is a buck? Man, I love those places! She thought she was in heaven when I told her she could pick a couple of things out. You would have thought I'd just given her the world. I usually go there to get flowers and things for my craft projects and also flowers to place on my grandmothers' graves. I usually visit them about once every two months or so and always during the holidays.
Anyway, Melly picked out a "Lady Sheriff" kit - which I thought was hilarous. She also got a package of bubbles - which is always fun.....and a bottle for her stuffed animal. I saw her grab that and it took me back to when I was little. Only the ladies will probably remember these, but you know those bottles that had either milk or OJ in them, and you turn them upside down and it looks like your doll is drinking it? Man....they were great!
Right when we left the second cemetery, it started to thunder and lightening and I heard the tornado sirens going off. As soon as we hit the expressway, it started to hail. BIG TIME. Now....ever since my accident (back in '95), I don't like driving in really hard rain. I just get really anxious. I started getting that panicky feeling and looked over at my niece - she was just sitting there with her coloring book - going to town. I thought...."Wow....the innocence of babes."
Here's some pics from our day together. She took a couple too! I could just eat her up.
I'm one of those people who can't stand to see arrangements lying on the ground after the wind has blown them over. I usually pick them up and put them in the closest vase. I'm weird like that. As soon as we get out of the car, Melly ran over to some flowers that had blown out and did the exact same thing. It floored me! She's so cute it makes me want to cry.
The cool thing about this picture is that my great-grandfather took one of me in the same chair when I was about her age. Same pose and everything. My whole family (mother's side) is buried in this cemetery and we have spent alot of time there over the years. I just think it's neat that I shared the same experience with her, as my great-grandpa did with me.
Is she a diva-in-training or what? She is the biggest ham I've ever seen - when she's in the mood for pictures! She just hopped right up in that chair and went straight into this pose and it took all of my willpower to keep from laughing.
Here's another pose from the princess!
And another.....
This is her first photo attempt. I actually kinda like it!
Here's her second attempt - which actually blew me away! It may be one of my favorites ever taken! There's just something about it!
Blowing Bubbles
She loves looking at my blog. I'm sure it's because there's so many pictures of her in it! LOL! She wanted to send a picture to all of my e-buddies to show you some love. ;o) She's only five and already knows how important it is to network. Watch Out World!
Three hours of running and playing took it's toll and the eyes slowly started to close.
I had to take her back home and it was really sad for me. I didn't want them to leave. I sure miss the days when they lived right around the corner. I'm actually thinking of taking a trip up to New York to see them before my bro-in-law is deployed. I would really like that.
P.S. Right before they left, my sis and bro-in-law went to the OB/GYN here in town. IT'S A GIRL!!!!! My poor dad. He's been surrounded by women from the beginning and it doesn't look like that's going to change any time soon! ;o)

18 Comments:

Blogger Neo Opined...

Jen -Some good photo's there. I really try to avoid cemetaries around the holidays. Actually it's been a few years since I visited my brothers grave.

That Beatles/Jesus photo was good too!

Glad you had fun!!

Peace,

- Neo

January 04, 2006 2:12 PM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

Yeah....I know what you mean. I'm not a big fan of them either, but it does make me feel good to show my grandmas that I still think of them.

I hope to catch up on your blog soon. It's going to take me a month to read everything I've missed. LOL

January 04, 2006 2:15 PM  
Blogger Skye Opined...

What a Diva! God she is precious! Congrats!

January 04, 2006 2:28 PM  
Blogger Neo Opined...

Jen -Ha! Yeah and you missed the second song I posted too from last week. ;)

January 04, 2006 2:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous Opined...

Looks like the ladies had a wonderful day!! I still have not got out to see my brother and my sister.....but I am like you, I like going out to the cemetary on the holidays and when I get a chance inbetween.

Oh, and I LOVE that pic that she took.....your right, there is something about it. Awesome post girly

January 04, 2006 3:10 PM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

Sag Sis: Tell me about it! I could just kiss her to death!

Neo: Don't worry! I will not let ONE word go unread! ;o)

Squirm: Thanks. I really liked them to!

January 04, 2006 3:35 PM  
Blogger Neo Opined...

Jen -Awwww, thanks! *hug*

What a pal! ;)

January 04, 2006 3:42 PM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

Neo: I try my best!

January 04, 2006 4:58 PM  
Blogger Snaggle Tooth Opined...

I think the "Melly snaps one of Jesus watchin over Jen" is very cool! Excellent job, Melly! She may wanna be a photographer someday!
I used to hand out at cemetaries when I was young, mostly because of the open space, statues, n trees. Made a short film in one once. I only seem to get there for funerals lately, though. N my ancestors are spread out all over New England.

January 04, 2006 7:32 PM  
Blogger Ellen Opined...

What a cutie pie! I can see why you didn't want her to leave.
You both took some great pictures in the cemetary! Snaggle is right, Melly may be a photographer someday. She certainly shows much talent!

January 04, 2006 7:58 PM  
Blogger TwistedPain Opined...

I really like the pictures she took of you. They look artisticly(sp?) planned. The second one has a silent caption which goes like this... (Jesus: Jen... The Beatles? C'mon, I gave you such choices and you chose The Beatles??) (look at the pic it fits!) Anyhoo, just kidding love, The Beats were great and I love'em too just giving you a hard time. Love ya, miss ya and enjoy the photos. She IS a ham.

January 05, 2006 8:57 AM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

Snags: I think so too! She's pretty talented!

Ellen: Yeah - it's hard on me each time they come to visit.

Kelso: I try to think of the cemetery in a different way. I don't let it creep me out too bad!

Twisty: I've missed you too! Thanks for giving me such a hard time. I don't have near enough drama going on without you! XO

January 05, 2006 9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous Opined...

Hey Jen, nice pics from the holidays! I loved the stories about your niece. And the Jesus and Jen pic? Nice. Very Nice. You photograph well.

Hope you're having a great week!

January 05, 2006 12:46 PM  
Blogger Harlyn Opined...

really great pictures jen. your niece is precious, I can see why you miss her so much.

January 05, 2006 1:10 PM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

Nilo: Thanks! I appreciate the compliment.

City: Yeah - you know I love my munchkin!

January 05, 2006 1:38 PM  
Blogger alannajoy Opined...

SOOOO FREAKIN CUTE JJ!!!
I just love it!
Thx for sharing w us!
alannajoy

January 05, 2006 9:36 PM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

Lan: Thanks. You know me - I love to share! LOL

January 06, 2006 9:30 AM  
Blogger cityman05 Opined...

You two have the most beautiful eyes I believe I have ever seen.

January 08, 2006 10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home