Tuesday, January 10, 2006

BBM

My Daddy and I continued our monthly tradition of dinner and a movie last night. We went and saw Brokeback Mountain and I must say - I was extremely impressed. Of course, I think both guys are hot, but I wasn't too keen on seeing a gay love story. However, by the end of the film, I was crying like an idiot.

My Dad and I are both big fans of Annie Prolux - who also wrote "The Shipping News" - another great film. In my opinion, if you can't have an open mind about the premise of the story - than don't even bother going. What I came away thinking was that love is love and it hurts no matter what kind of relationship it is!
Best Quote of the Movie:
“You know, friend, this is a goddam bitch of a unsatisfactory situation."

8 Comments:

Blogger Neo Opined...

Jen -Hmmmm seems our posts have a similar theme this morning. LOL

January 10, 2006 12:50 PM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

Coinky Dink? I think not!

January 10, 2006 12:57 PM  
Blogger Neo Opined...

Jen -Ha! Get out of my brain. ;P

January 10, 2006 1:10 PM  
Blogger Ellen Opined...

I love the quote, and find myself saying it often enough about the silly situations I get myself into from time to time. Glad you had some time to spend with your Dad.

January 10, 2006 1:32 PM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

Neo - Get outta mine! ;o)

Ellen: Yeah - I think it's going to be my motto this year!

January 10, 2006 2:29 PM  
Blogger Harlyn Opined...

great quote..and yes...love is love.

January 10, 2006 2:42 PM  
Blogger Snaggle Tooth Opined...

Uh-Oh, - I refer to one of my daughter's in blogland as BBM - now I'll always think of this movie!
I haven't seen it yet.
I may be straight, but not pushy about it. I'm tolerant and accepting of dear one's who feel they are gay or bi because that's who they honestly are. It's the secrets n lieing that will get on my bad side, so got a few x-friends, though I don't hold the preference against them at all...

Def can't control who you love, just who you'll let yourself get involved with ... then some people have zero self-control with the biology of the hormones thing...

Sounds like a decent story. I have to wait for the vid store
I'm still typing!

January 11, 2006 12:44 AM  
Blogger Jinsane Opined...

City: I thought you might like that quote!

Snags: I totally agree with you - and it's definitely worth seeing! ;o)

January 11, 2006 9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home