Thursday, December 21, 2006

Half-Nekkid Thursday - Xmas Wishes

The theme this week is Christmas Wishes. This year has been one of the worst of my life, but I'm still hanging in there. I'm still optimistic that everything will work itself out.....that God never gives me more than I can handle....and that there is a light at the end of the tunnel (even if it seems a million miles away)!!
I sat and thought long and hard last night about the people I would choose for my wishes. It's hard to choose between just HNT people, because I have so many blogger friends that I wish nothing but the best for. Regardless of that, I didn't want to disappoint "Os", so here you go:
1. For Os: The strength to continue the great tradition of HNT for many years to come, as well as the ability to always make beautiful music.
2. For Greenacres: To always have a beer when you need one!
3. For Bronx: To keep the ability to always make me smile and cheer me up!

On a side note (which is really the most important part of this post for me), I received an email from my brother-in-law yesterday. As some of you may or may not know, he has been in Afghanistan for almost a year. I just wanted to share his message to everyone in Blogger land.
Please take the time to read his email to our family:

HAPPY HOLIDAYS! I'll be leaving to come home to the states soon...within the next 5 days. I've experienced alot over the past 11 months. I feel like I really didn't make any impact here. The bigger picture is whats important not my own selfish need for satisfaction. Alot has been done here in Afghanistan. 4 million Afghani kids are now enrolled in school compared to the 1 million in 2001. An internet facility just opened in Kabul for school age children. I've witnessed the locals become so grateful for the care of medics and doctors. Give any kid a pen here and you have a buddy for life. Yes Operation Enduring Freedom has taken the lives of great Americans. I've saluted their caskets on their final journey back to the states (a majority of them aren't infantry). With that said, this holiday season please take time to reflect on family and the things you enjoy the most. Don't worry about the soldiers here we can take care of ourselves. Enjoy The Holidays Damn It! Love You Guys-Ryan
Merry Christmas Everyone! Much Love and Well Wishes from your favorite nut job!!!
XOXOXO - Jinsane

11 Comments:

Blogger Regal Opined...

Happy Holidays!

December 21, 2006 12:10 PM  
Blogger Osbasso Opined...

Thanks for the Christmas wishes! I'll for as long as people want it to. I promise!

Loved the letter--why don't we get to hear that on TV???

Merry Christmas to you, Jen. Thanks for bringing us along on your ride. Looking forward to seeing how much better 2007 will be for you!

December 21, 2006 12:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous Opined...

great gifts, and thank you for posting the letter, it was awesome! HHNT

December 21, 2006 1:09 PM  
Blogger A Bronx Tale Opined...

may the best be with you.

Thank you very much for the Christmas wishes.

its been a long year this year. you and me both.

hopefully next year will see UPLIFTING things for the both of us.

its interesting how the media paints one picture of the war and the soliders know another. although i'm against it, i support him in his mission and congratulate him in what he has achieved.

remember Jenn, just hope and believe in yourself. Hope sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.

cheers

all the best

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

HAPPY HNT!!!

XOXOXO

December 21, 2006 1:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous Opined...

damn awesome letter
I wish all the people who bitch gripe complain piss moan and cry and dont really support the baddest assed military in the history of world could read that, that be the DNC and the candy asses that support them
anyway

I hope this year coming is much better for you than last year. It will be good things always happen to good people
Merry Christmas
js

December 21, 2006 1:49 PM  
Blogger TwistedPain Opined...

=)

December 21, 2006 2:14 PM  
Blogger Suze Opined...

Wonderful gifts, very thoughtful. Thanks for sharing the letter, I hope your brother has a safe trip home.

Have a great Christmas and a Prosperous New Year.

Happy Christmas HNT sweetie ;)

December 21, 2006 3:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous Opined...

That is a great letter. Thanks a lot for sharing that.

Scott

December 21, 2006 3:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous Opined...

Merry Xmas and Happy HNT

December 21, 2006 6:56 PM  
Blogger Sexy Duet Opined...

Great letter from your brother, thanks for sharing.

Have a happy, safe and peaceful Christmas and best wishes for the New Year. Happy HNT!

Ms SD

December 21, 2006 7:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous Opined...

Merry Christmas!

December 22, 2006 6:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home